MONITORING-EVALUATION-ACCOUNTABLITY AND LEARNING ADVISOR
Country Occupied Palestinian Territory & Israel
City (Assignement Location) Ramallah or Jerusalem
Duration of Mandate 12 months
Start Date As soon as possible
Through its mission, Oxfam is committed to promote the well-being of children, youth, women and men.
Oxfam has a zero-tolerance policy towards any behavior that violates its code of conduct, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, as well as lack of integrity, corruption and fraud.
To do so, Oxfam will ensure to recruit candidates who demonstrate the same values as the organisation and expects that everyone already working in the organisation shares and embody this commitment already.
Oxfam-Quebec is implementing its new volunteer cooperation program (VCP) entitled « Equality in Action » working in close collaboration with Oxfam teams in the countries of intervention. This program will take place over a period of seven years (2020-2027) in thirteen countries and three regions.
The VCP aims to increase the performance of local partner organizations in developing countries in implementing inclusive, innovative, and sustainable development initiatives that will advance gender equality in the 13 countries. Oxfam’s role is to support civil society organizations (CSOs) working with the most vulnerable and marginalized people to claim and exercise their rights. Oxfam puts women’s/girls’ rights at the heart of everything it does. The knowledge, capacity and expertise of the qualified volunteers will be leveraged through short and long-term assignments with local partner organizations.
The VCP will be articulated within Oxfam’s Country Strategy while ensuring compliance with Oxfam-Québec’s contractual agreements with its donors.
In close collaboration with the Oxfam team members in the country of intervention, the volunteer development worker will be responsible for:
- To work in partnership with OPTI MEAL colleagues to understand current working practices and procedures with respect to the OPTI country program.
- To work with the relevant OPTI Program Managers to identify and understand the current relationships with existing partners and the contextual risks facing partners at this time.
- Read existing partner contracts and documentation, partnership assessments (Risk Assessment Method of Oxfam Novib – RAMONs).
- To review and assess existing MEAL plans with specific reference to the gender and influencing programs implemented by the OPTI Country office and the partners.
- In conjunction with OPTI Program Office, identify the likely areas of partner engagement and map out the process (e.g. participatory meetings) and required tools for developing a baseline survey.
- Undertake a fully participatory baseline survey for the VCP program.
- Develop in conjunction with MEAL colleagues and partner organisations, an inclusive contextualized MEAL system of the VCP program using the joint Oxfam approach in monitoring, evaluation, learning and social responsibility (called CAMSA) and a costings plan for the duration of the VCP program in OPTI.
- Identify any capacity gaps in the implementation of the MEAL system and develop a bespoke capacity building plan.
- Prepare trainings for country office staff and partners to communicate the findings of the baseline assessment and the roles and responsibilities of the VCP MEAL system.
- Support the implementation of the VCP local funds initiatives.
- Share and embody Oxfam’s commitment to a zero-tolerance policy against behaviour that violates the code of conduct, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse; intimidation; lack of integrity; corruption and fraud.
- Participate in development efforts in Canada during and after the mandate by contributing to the dissemination of the program, projects, partners, etc. through testimonials, life stories, photos, quotes, etc.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Have Canadian citizenship or citizenship of a country in the Middle East other than OPTI.
- University degree in program evaluation, social sciences, project management, organizational development, or any other relevant field.
- At least three (3) years of relevant experience in the field of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEAL).
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team.
- Mastery of the mechanisms of monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) using the results-based management approach.
- Excellent knowledge of Middle East context.
- Demonstrated reasonable tolerance to risk and to uncertainty context.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Training and workshop facilitation.
- Good command of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) and Skype
- English, spoken and written (mandatory).
- Inclusive leadership style.
- Commitment to Oxfam’s mission and values, including the promotion of equality between women and men.
- Living and housing allowances
- Medical and life insurance
- Volunteer Support Program
- Days off (20 days off/year for mandates of 12 months or more)
- Airline ticket home at the end of the mandate
- Access to various training courses
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted.
We accept applications on an ongoing basis. It is possible that the posting will end before the posted date. Please do not wait until the deadline to apply.
If you are interested in the position, please send your application (CV and cover letter in the working language of the country: French, English or Spanish) by clicking on this link.