Terre des Hommes Italia (TDH It) is a non-profit organization dedicated to protecting children against all forms of violence or abuse and guaranteeing their right to health, education and life. TDH It, which is part of the TDH International Federation, is currently working in 20 countries worldwide, carrying out humanitarian interventions and development projects in the sectors of education, mother and child health, income generation, water and sanitation, child protection and rehabilitation, to the benefit of thousands of children, their families and communities.
TDH It works in Palestine since 2000, and it has implemented several educational, health and psycho-social interventions together with its National Partners and with Local Authorities in East Jerusalem, the West Bank and the Gaza Strip.
Within the framework of its activities, TDH It is looking for:
1 teacher specialized in NGO technical English
The teacher will work with some of TDH It staff members to enhance their competences and skills in both spoken and written technical English, focusing on the NGO and nonprofit sector vocabulary.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Committing to perform his/her professional duties in the spirit of TDH It principles as set forth in TDH It Code of Conduct;
- Undertaking to respect, both privately and publicly, the rights of children;
- Delivering one or two classes per week to TDH It staff members, adjusting the schedule to the needs of the staff, the needs of the project and coordinating with the Project Manager (PM) and the IEE (Inclusive Education Expert). Focus should be given to writing and reporting skills in English.
Qualifications and experience:
The candidate will
- Hold a BA in English or be a fluent or proficient English speaker
- Have prior work experience in adult education
- Have a sound knowledge of NGO and nonprofit sector technical vocabulary
- Have sound oral and written communication skills
- Have sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team
- Have sound organizational skills
- Be available to move within the West Bank and East Jerusalem
Interested candidates with relevant education and experience are encouraged to send their CV and a cover letter (both in English), together with the contact details of at least three professional references which can be contacted immediately to
indicating as subject PAL-ENT-2018. Deadline for applying is the 10th February 2018 at midnight. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.