Duration: 1 year including probation period, renewable
Duty station: Jerusalem with expected tasks in Ramallah
Reports to: TDH IT Program Manager
Terre des Hommes Italia (TDH IT), member of Terre des hommes International Federation, works in 21 developing countries implementing projects and activities for the benefit of more than 3 million people.
TDH IT implements relief and mid-term programs and projects in the fields of education, primary health, protection, livelihood, PSS and child rights.
In Palestine, Terre des Hommes Italia operates since 2000 with emergency and mid-term interventions supporting the fulfilment of the right to education, protection and health care of the most vulnerable communities living under occupation.
Within this context, Terre des Hommes is looking for an experienced Administrator to join our team in Palestine. The Administrator, with previous professional experience in similar positions of at least 3 years in Palestine, will be selected according to the criteria normally applied by Terre des Hommes Italia and in full compliance with applicable national law and regulations.
Main tasks and responsibilities
The Administrator is responsible for the execution and oversight of financial processes and transactions, including payroll preparation and book-keeping, as well as on the administrative components of assigned activities. Within his tasks, the Administrator contributes to the proper management of human resources and ensuring good team dynamics and communication.
The Administrator, in coordination with the Program Manager, shall guarantee a rigorous and transparent application of TDH IT policies and procedures, and to ensuring compliance with local laws and the full respect of donor’s requirement in the management of project resources.
The Administrator will be specifically responsible for:
- Prepare contracts for staff and consultants hired locally
- Prepare staff timesheets and ensure follow up on staff schedule and holidays
- Prepare monthly payrolls and all check payments of salaries, and ensure remittance of all statutory deductions as per the Palestinian and Israeli labor laws
- Participate in performance evaluations
- Follow up on expiry of administrative permits (e.g., visas, Jerusalem permits ) for TDH IT staff and consultants, assists with renewal
- Support the Program Manager, the Country Delegate and/or the HQ in updating TDH IT Internal regulations
Accounting and Finance
- Monthly planning of expenses (budget follow up), cash flow (cash flow) and monthly review of the budget vs spent
- Identify the need, in collaboration with the Program Manager and with the involvement of the Delegate and/or the Desk Officer, for any deviations from what was planned and to propose the necessary measures to control them
- Ensure the correct allocation of costs
- Consolidate interim and final financial reports to be presented to the donor
- Supervise financial reporting, including the supporting documentation, to be presented by the partners on the basis of the agreements signed in the project start-up phase
- Provide assistance to partners, if necessary, in drafting accounting documents, employment contracts, contracts with suppliers, etc., and in preparing financial statements
- Manage the project cash-box
- Coordinate with the Program Manager to plan payments of suppliers and/or bills of services and utilities; make sure that all payments are timely and accurate; plan currency exchange transactions and cashbox flow
- Translate all the bills and receipts and ensure daily registration of accounting entries and filing of accounting documents
- Cash and Bank reconciliations
- Prepare and follow up of the V.A.T request documents for the P.A Ministry of Finance
- Support the Program Manager with monthly and yearly closing of books and with financial reporting to HQ and to donor
- Support in conducting the Country Audit
- Ensure, together with the PM, that purchase of services, goods and works are run in full compliance with TDH IT and donor’s requirements and procedures
- Prepare and launch procurements, with the support of the Logistician and the supervision of the Program Manager, for the supply of goods and services, supervise and monitor the evaluation of bids and proposals received, check the bid analysis and purchase orders/contracts prepared by the Logistician
- Contribute to maintaining the liaison with TDH IT central office in the country
- Brief new staff on administrative procedures
- Support each PM in drafting new proposals
- Manage the relations with local authorities and partners with regards to financial and contractual aspects
- Perform any other additional duty that are mutually agreed with the line manager
Finally, the Administrator is responsible, in coordination with the Program Manager, for ensuring the donor, Terre des Hommes and the local partners that:
- TDH IT interventions respect the dignity and autonomy of the people involved
- TDH IT interventions are in line with TDH IT standards regarding Child Protection and Safeguarding, Ethics, PSEAH, impartiality, neutrality, humanity, and independence of the humanitarian action operating with no discrimination of religious, political and gender nature, and promoting equity, inclusion and a rights-based approach.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Strong commitment to the aims, principles, and values of TDH IT and of humanitarian aid
- Very high sense of discretion and integrity when dealing with sensitive information
- BA in Economy/Business/Administration/Finance/Accounting or similar completed since at least 4 years
- At least 3 years of professional relevant experience in NGOs, of which at least 2 within INGOs. (Previous positively evaluated experience at TDH Italy is a plus)
- Excellent organizational skills, precision, rapidity, reliability
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines and manage workload and stress
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to network and negotiate and to work as part of a team
- Valid Israeli driving license obtained from at least 1 year and availability to move within Ramallah and Jerusalem
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and Basic knowledge of Hebrew is an asset
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office package), including professional knowledge of at least 1 accounting software
- Previous experience in managing AICS (Italian Cooperation) funds is an asset
TDH Italia has a zero-tolerance policy towards SEAH and is not willing to employ any person who has been found guilty of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment. Ethics is part of the annual performance appraisal.
Very important: Most of TDH IT work is based in Jerusalem. Candidates should be able to reside in Jerusalem and/or to commute freely and on daily basis from their residence to Jerusalem.
How to Apply
Interested candidates possessing required experience and skills are invited to send an updated CV and a cover letter in English including at least two references to [email protected], indicating as subject PAL-ADMIN-2023.
Applications that do not meet the above-mentioned requirements will not be considered.
The deadline for receiving applications is the 12th of February 2023. Applications received after that date will not be considered.
We apologize in advance as only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. TDH IT reserves the right to fill the position before the closing date of the published vacancy in case a suitable candidate is identified.