Terre des Hommes Italia (TDH IT) is a non-profit organization dedicated to protecting children against all forms of violence or abuse and guaranteeing their right to health, education and life. TDH IT, which is part of the TDH International Federation, is currently working in 20 countries worldwide, carrying out humanitarian interventions and development projects in the sectors of education, mother and child health, income generation, water and sanitation, child protection and rehabilitation, to the benefit of thousands of children, their families and communities. For additional information about the organization please visit www.terredeshommes.it
TDH IT works in Palestine since 2000 and it has implemented several educational, health and psycho-social interventions together with its National Partners and with Local Authorities in East Jerusalem, the West Bank and the Gaza Strip.
Within the frame of its activities, TDH IT is looking for a qualified professional to be hired as Administrator.
Main tasks and responsibilities
The Administrator is in charge of the execution and oversight of financial processes and transactions, including payroll preparation and book-keeping, as well as on the administrative components of the activities. Within his tasks, the Administrator guarantee the management of human resources and ensuring good inter-team dynamics and communication.
The Administrator, in coordination with the Project Manager/Country Delegate (PM/CD) shall guarantee a rigorous and transparent application of TDH IT policies and procedures, and to ensuring compliance with local laws and the full respect of donor’s requirement in the management of the project resources.
- Human Resources
- Prepare contracts for regular staff and occasional employees
- Prepare staff timesheets and ensure follow up on staff schedule and holidays
- Prepare monthly payrolls and all check payments of salaries, and ensure remittance of all statutory deductions as per the Palestinian and Israeli labour laws
- Participate in performance evaluations
- Follow up on expiry of administrative permits (e.g. visas, Jerusalem permits etc.) for TDH IT staff and consultants, assists with renewal of all such permits
- Support the Country Delegate and HQ in updating TDH IT Internal regulations
- Manage the project cash box
- Coordinate with the Project Manager to plan payments of suppliers and/or bills of services and utilities; make sure that all payments are timely and accurate; plan currency exchange transactions and cashbox flow
- Translate all the bills and receipts and ensure daily registration of accounting entries and filing of accounting documents
- Cash and Bank reconciliations
- Prepare and follow up of the V.A.T request documents for the P.A Ministry of Finance
- Support the Project Manager with monthly and yearly closing of books and with financial reporting to HQ and to donor
- Support in conducting the Country Audit
- Procurement procedures
- Ensuring, together with the PM the application of the right procurement procedures for the purchase of services, goods and works, according to the TDH IT and Donor’s requirements and procedures
- Prepare and launch procurements, with the support of the Logistician and the supervision of the Project Manager, for the supply of goods and services, supervise and monitor the evaluation of bids and proposals received, check the bid analysis and purchase orders/contracts prepared by the Logistician
- Contribute to maintaining the liaison with TDH IT central office in the country
- Brief new staff on administrative procedures
- Support each PM in drafting new proposals
- Perform any other additional duty on request of TDH IT representative
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- BA in Economy/Business/Administration/Finance/Accounting or similar
- At least 3 years of relevant experience (work experience with INGOs is an asset, previous experience with TDH Italy is a plus)
- Excellent organizational skills, precision, rapidity, reliability
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines and manage workload and stress
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to network and negotiate and to work as part of a team
- Valid Israeli driving license obtained from at least 1 year and availability to move within the West Bank and East Jerusalem
- High level of commitment to the principles of development and to the organizational goals of TDH IT
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English. Basic knowledge of Hebrew is an asset
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office package).
TDH IT is an equal opportunity employer. No applicant will receive less favorable treatment on grounds of gender, race, nationality, color, ethnic origin, sexuality, class, disability, health status, marital status, responsibility for dependents, religion or belief, and age.
Interested candidates with relevant education and experience are encouraged to send their CV and a cover letter in English to [email protected], indicating as subject “PAL-ADMIN-2021”.
All applications must be received no later than Thursday 28th October 2021
Applications that do not meet the above-mentioned requirement will not be considered.
We apologize in advance as only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Pre-selected candidates are asked to avail themselves for an interview, which will take place in Jerusalem or remotely between November 2nd and November 8th, 2021.