Position MEAL Officer (national position)
Duration 1 year including probation period, renewable
Expected starting date July 2023
Duty Station Jerusalem with expected tasks in Ramallah
Reports to TDH IT Regional MEAL Advisor
Terre des Hommes Italia (TDH IT), member of Terre des hommes International Federation, works in 21 developing countries implementing projects and activities for the benefit of more than 3 million people.
TDH IT implements relief and mid-term programs and projects in the fields of education, primary health, protection, livelihood, PSS and child rights.
In Palestine, Terre des Hommes Italia operates since 2000 with emergency and mid-term interventions supporting the fulfilment of the right to education, protection and health care of the most vulnerable communities living under occupation.
Within this context, Terre des Hommes is looking for a MEAL Officer to join our team in Palestine. The MEAL Officer, with previous professional experience in similar positions of at least 2 years in Palestine, will be selected according to the criteria normally applied by Terre des Hommes Italia and in full compliance with applicable national law and regulations.
Main tasks and responsibilities
The MEAL Officer supports the implementation and the development of TDH IT MEAL strategy & plans as well as the established compliance mechanism
Objective 1: Design and Development of Monitoring and Evaluation Frameworks
- Collaborate with the Regional MEAL Advisor to design, implement and regularly update comprehensive M&E frameworks, systems and tools specific to the project's activities.
- Ensure alignment of M&E frameworks with TDH-IT standards, as well as donor requirements.
- Establish clear indicators, targets, and data collection methods to measure project outcomes and impacts related to education quality, PSS interventions, teacher training, counsellor support, KG rehabilitations, and monitoring of Human Rights violations.
Objective 2: Data collection
- Oversee data collection processes in order to closely monitor the progress of the activities and the achievement of the results.
- Implement data collection, including surveys, interviews, focus group discussions, and observations, to capture both quantitative and qualitative data to assess the outputs and outcomes of the implemented activities.
- Actively support the data collection in the field and coordinates with the field staff, in order to ensure that the data collection is performed on timely manner and in line with the related Guidelines and Plans.
- Conduct capacity building activities, including training workshops and mentoring, to enhance data quality and to improve M&E knowledge and skills of project staff and relevant stakeholders.
Objective 3: Reporting and Documentation
- Perform continuous data quality checking in order to regularly improve data quality
- Analyze and synthesize monitoring data to generate meaningful insights and recommendations for project management and stakeholders.
- Provides relevant timely updates (reports) against the projects Logical Framework, sectorial indicators (including Activity Info) and according to the donors’ rules;
- Ensure high quality reporting in TDH-IT Global Reporting system
- Document M&E findings, lessons learned, and best practices to facilitate knowledge sharing and evidence-based decision-making.
Objective 4: Accountability
- Contribute to design and develop appropriate accountability strategies and effective complaint/feedback mechanism, in coordination with the relevant technical staff.
- Develop and maintain the required tools to collect feedbacks and complaints, in line with TDH-IT policies.
Objective 5: Regularly attends meetings with the MEAL and project teams and coordinates across different Department and component to ensure an effective MEAL implementation.
Objective 6: Evaluation and Learning
- Facilitate regular learning and reflection sessions with the project team to promote a culture of continuous improvement and adaptive management.
- Coordinate external evaluations, in collaboration with the Regional MEAL Advisor and external consultants, to assess the impact and effectiveness of project interventions.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of baseline studies, mid-term reviews, and final evaluations, ensuring robust methodologies and rigorous data analysis.
- Synthesize evaluation findings and lessons learned into actionable recommendations for project adaptation and scale-up.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Strong commitment to the aims, principles, and values of TDH IT and of humanitarian aid
- Very high sense of discretion and integrity when dealing with sensitive information
- BA in Economic Sciences/Statistics/social science or similar
- At least 2 year of professional M&E experience with NGOs/INGOs, preferably with an education or child protection focus. Previous positively evaluated experience at TDH IT is a plus
- Good data collection, data analysis and visualization skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel; Knowledge of KOBO/ODK and ActivityInfo, data analysis software desirable.
- Excellent organizational skills, precision, autonomy, reliability
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines and manage workload and stress
- Fluent in Arabic and in English (both oral and in writing)
- Availability to move within Ramallah and Jerusalem
- Previous experience in managing AICS (Italian Cooperation) funds is an asset
TDH Italia has a zero-tolerance policy towards SEAH and is not willing to employ any person who has been found guilty of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment. Ethics is part of the annual performance appraisal.
Very important: Most of TDH IT work is based in Jerusalem. Candidates should be able to reside in Jerusalem and/or to commute freely and on daily basis from their residence to Jerusalem.
How to Apply
Interested candidates possessing required experience and skills are invited to send an updated CV and a cover letter in English including at least two references to [email protected], indicating as subject PAL-MEAL-2023.
Applications that do not meet the above-mentioned requirements will not be considered.
The deadline for receiving applications is the 13th of June 2023. Applications received after that date will not be considered.
We apologize in advance as only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. TDH IT reserves the right to fill the position before the closing date of the published vacancy in case a suitable candidate is identified.