War Child is an independent and impartial international non-governmental child rights organization investing in a peaceful future for children and young people affected by armed conflict. With a focus on child protection, mental health and psychosocial support, we strive to empower children and young people, while enabling adults to bring about positive and lasting change in the lives of conflict affected children and young people. War Child has been working in the oPt since 2006, and has offices in Jerusalem, Hebron, the Jordan Valley, and in Gaza.
War Child seeks a motivated Emergency Response Project Coordinator to join its team, based in Gaza.
General Objective of the Job
Under the supervision of the Head of Programs (HoP), the Emergency Response Project Coordinator (ERCP) will be responsible for the overall management of War Child’s emergency response program and delivery of commitments, effective coordination between partners, provides technical guidance to project activities when needed, and represent the program and War Child externally. The ERPC will also contribute to resource mobilization, and establishing and maintaining strategic partnerships. Based in the War Child office in Gaza, he/she directly reports to the Head of Programs
Position in the organization
The ERPC reports to the Head of Programs (HoP)
Direct Reports: N/A
Essential functional relations: Operations and Finance Manager, Operations Officer, Project/Program Coordinators and implementation team, MEAL Specialist, MHPSS Advisor, and in-country, regional, and global advisors.
Job Location: Gaza
Starting date: Immediately
Duration of employment: 6 months, with a possibility of extension, pending funding
Program Management and Implementation
- Responsible for the overall coordination and implementation of the emergency response program, including risk assessment and management, and leads the coordination between partners on a day-to-day basis.
- Identify and prioritize programmatic needs, and ensure that the emergency response program addresses those needs.
- Responsible for budget management to ensure financial accountability and accurate financial reporting by partners and to donors
- Ensures compliance with donor and War Child rules and regulations in all areas including financial management, record keeping and procurement, in coordination with the Operations Department.
- Ensures appropriate programme quality standards are used in the design and implementation of the emergency response program, including SPHERE, IASC Guidelines on MHPSS in Emergencies, Child Protection Minimum Standards, INEE Mini Minimum Standards for Education Preparedness, Response and Recovery and the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS).
- Liaise with the M&E Specialist to facilitate systematic program monitoring and evaluation are in place and ensure that lessons learnt are documented and shared for learning. Provides feedback to the HoP and partners to determine programmatic changes in response to results of monitoring and evaluation;
- In collaboration with the HoP, collects information and prepares briefs and written material to be shared with HQ on program participants, programs, humanitarian situation in country for communication materials (SitRep, Articles, etc.).
- Collects and consolidates narrative reports
- Conducts site visits to monitor progress and provide capacity support partners as needed.
- Undertakes other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Head of Programs or Country Director.
- Actively promotes the Integrity Framework and Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) standards within War Child, partners and amongst its participants.
- Ensure child protection, gender and conflict sensitivity are integrated into all response planning, learning and proposal development
- Provide trainings to partner organizations to improve their capacity in responding to emergency situations. Also conduct capacity assessments and develop plans to improve partner’s capacities.
In coordination with the Head of Programs, explore new donors, mobilize resources and develop high quality proposals and concept notes and expand partnership based on the programs
Networking and Representation
- In coordination with the HoP, coordinates with key stakeholders e.g. government authorities, donors, and Humanitarian partners
- Represents War Child according to the participation matrix in coordination forums e.g. humanitarian clusters (Protection, Education, Health, etc.)
- Proactively develops, coordinates and maintains productive relationships with project stakeholders, in coordination with the Head of Programs
- Ensures proactive coordination in the field to ensure complementarity and avoid duplication and fragmentation
- Identifies strategic programme opportunities, approaches and modalities for strengthening emergency response, in close collaboration with partners and the Head of Programs.
- Ensures the visibility of the program and activities with relevant national and international audiences.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Knowledge and Experience
- Degree in humanitarian aid, international development, public administration business science, education, social science or other relevant area or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in managing emergency/humanitarian response programs, including project planning, implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting.
- Experience of managing humanitarian response program with a focus on MHPSS, Child Protection, Education.
- Previous experience in Cash/livelihoods, WASH, Health programming is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively coordinating with multiple partners and stakeholders, including government agencies and donors.
- Experience or familiarity with requirement of institutional donors e.g., OCHA, ECHO, UNICEF etc.
- Strong technical experience in the areas of Child Protection and/or Education.
- Experience providing technical assistance to project staff, and national and government partners.
- Demonstrated experience in collecting, integrating, and disseminating learnings.
- Previous experience with community-based programming preferred.
- Excellent program development, proposal and report writing skills.
- Proven skills in delivering on performance targets.
- Strong commitment to support/develop capacity of partner organizations.
- Highly developed budget monitoring and management skills.
- Proven management ability and inter-personal skills - team player.
- Problem solving and leadership skills.
- Decision making skills.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities in personal workload.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English and Arabic.
“Commitment to the vision and goals of War Child Holland in oPt, including adherence to the Child Safeguarding Policy, is essential”
المسمى الوظيفي Emergency Response Project Coordinator
آخر موعد للتقديم 08 - Jun - 2021
المكان قطاع غزة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 5 Years
To apply please send your one page letter of motivation and CV to [email protected] by June 8th 2021, citing “Emergency Response Project Coordinator” in the subject line.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة War Child Holland منظمة أطفال الحرب الهولندية
Emergency Response Operations Officer
Procurement and Logistics Officer
WPS Consortium Coordinator
Women Peace and Security Consortium Coordinator
22, Nov, 2020
18, Nov, 2020
Psychosocial Support Technical Officer - South
20, Oct, 2020