Economic Justice Program Manager
Fixed Term – One Year ( Renewable)
40 hrs. per week (100%)
Estimated start date: ASAP
Based in WB or Jerusalem or Gaza
Deadline for Application 12th June 2022
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
We are an international confederation of 21 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values please click here
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The purpose of this position is to provide leadership and management to Economic Justice Programme and to bring together the core elements of the program including advocacy, gender and humanitarian work. The Programme Manager will undertake a range of national functions and will be responsible for the strategic and operational management of the program in East Jerusalem, West Bank and Gaza. This role will be part of the Senior Management Team.
The post holder is responsible for managing the programme budget, of around €5-8 million per annum and as such authorises the expenses and payments that are made from the programme budget. Follow-ups with the country management and partners are frequent and steady, with the post holder having autonomy and the capacity to define and propose strategies and for operational planning.
For the detailed job profile please find it Here
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
We are looking for someone who has:
- A university degree in economics, rural development, or a comparable degree professional qualification is required, along with knowledge and experience in programme management.
- 10 years’ experience in the field of Economic Justice and community development.
- Strong knowledge of and engagement with civil society, and an understanding of/experience with the private sector ;
- Excellent communicator, with proven ability to build relationships with a variety of stakeholders (local partners, municipalities, etc);
- Strong experience in project design, proposal development and concept note development (including budgets) of economic justice interventions.
- Critical thinking and reflection of lessons learnt in humanitarian and development practice.
- Ability to influence and liaise effectively with key stakeholders and represent in high profile environments.
- Strong technical competences in research, monitoring and evaluation , advocacy and influencing efforts on economic justice issues in Palestine.
- Results oriented, experience in managing high-value grants and a track-record of leading programme development processes that have resulted in programmes regarded highly by donors.
- Demonstrated capacity of successfully fundraising and growing programmes in organisations similar to Oxfam.
- Knowledge of donor environment, understanding of funding issues in relation INGOs work in development contexts.
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills, ability to translate complex issues into clear workable actions.
- Highly developed strategic planning skills with ability to contribute to programme overall
- Extensive experience in capacity development role at senior level and ability to facilitate learning and knowledge.
- Excellent people skills, with proven ability to motivate others and work collaboratively, requiring strong self-awareness and inter-personal.
- Ability to adapt and work within a multicultural, multilingual and multidisciplinary.
How to apply
Interested candidates can apply for the job application by clicking Here by no later than 12th June 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Oxfam is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those that are suitable to work within our values are recruited to work for us.