Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty.
We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values please click here
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Purpose of the job:
EJ MEAL Officer will ensure the development and implementation of an effective and coordinated MEAL framework and system for Economic Justice development programs in OPTI, in accordance with Oxfam standards.
PLANNING, REPORTING, MONITORING, EVALUATION, ACCOUNTABILITY AND LEARNING
- Provide high quality advice and support to EJ Program Manager, Project Leads and other staff on MEAL in order to improve the performance, quality and accountability of Oxfam’s programs’ work to multiple stakeholders. Be in charge of program MEAL information consolidating, reporting and monitoring.
- Coordinate Program efforts and advice and recommend on resources required for strong MEAL including skills, time and budget.
- Support the design, development and implementation of an effective and coordinated MEAL framework for the respective programs/projects including MEAL frameworks and systems for emergencies.
- Support country level development and ensure that WIN, gender, accountability and good partnership principles are mainstreamed into all planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning
- Design and coordinate the quality and timeliness of all field data collection exercises undertaken by partners (quantitative and qualitative data), data management, and analysis.
- Plan and manage internal and external project baselines, evaluations (internal and external) and reviews to meet donor and organizational requirements.
- Co-produce relevant sections of the project progress reports, effectively analysing, synthesising and documenting program outcome and learning, in collaboration with Project Lead.
- Increase and strengthen opportunities for cross-program learning, including playing a key role in major learning exchanges and events.
- Work with the program teams in preparing and support monitoring / evaluation visits by management and donors and disseminate related lessons learned
- Support program development and funding departments through data and analysed information on outputs, outcomes and impact of field programs.
- To generate reports and analyses from the MEAL system that enable Management to make informed decisions to continuously improve program quality and impact.
- Undertake capacity assessments and facilitate capacity building processes of partners on knowledge, skills and competencies necessary for effective MEAL through training and coaching and provide regular technical and specialist advice to partners.
- Deliver, when necessary, capacity building activities, like trainings and workshops, to enhance partners’ capacity in monitoring and measurement of the project.
- Capture, share and communicate key program learning with partners.
- With partners, develop, and ensure effective implementation of information, approaches and systems to deliver effective accountability to beneficiaries and partners, including women and marginalised groups. This includes design and implementation of appropriate feedback mechanisms with communities and partners that are contextual, effective, accessible and safe for beneficiaries, and ensure that feedback is recorded, reviewed and acted upon.
- Working with partners on supporting in designing and building their MEAL systems.
OTHER/WIDER MEAL TASKS:
- The coordination of the MEAL team, ensuring good relations to the wider Oxfam, embedment in the Oxfam MEAL system and MEAL/PQ quality.
- Keep regular contact with regional MEAL Lead as well as with the MEAL team in the EA (ONL); ensure the team’s participation in global/regional programs and learning events and oversee policies and procedures for the MEAL team. Ensure those are communicated to the wider team.
- Ensure commonality and consistency across Oxfam in OPTI in documenting and reporting progress and outcomes of our work, in compliance with CAMSA requirements. This may include establishing and leading a MEAL working group.
- Support the implementation of and monitor the Partner MEAL system building and handover strategy.
- Regularly review and update the MEAL system
- Eager and required to adhere to Oxfam’s principles and value as well as the promotion of gender justice and women's rights .
- Understanding of and commitment to adhere to equity, diversity, gender, child safety and staff health and wellbeing principles.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- Relevant degree (e.g. in development studies, economics, public health, sociology), with research training and experience.
- At least 6 years working experience, out of which three in monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Demonstrable experience of coordinating, supporting and strengthening MEAL planning processes, and activities.
- Well-developed facilitation and training skills.
- Advanced quantitative and qualitative analysis skills, to inform program quality, design and reporting requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills. Ability to show initiative and work independently with limited oversight, as well as initiative and capacity to work as a member of a team
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English.
- Self-reliant, flexible and able to handle pressure
- Sound computer skills, especially in communications/ information management
- Commitment to Oxfam’s aims and values
- Ability to travel between the Oxfam offices in OPTI and occasionally abroad.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities.
- Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of development work.
- Commitment to Oxfam’s safeguarding policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible.
The employee will be contracted by Oxfam with a competitive, fair and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors. Salary offered will be subject to funding available and competences.
Interested candidates can apply for the job application by clicking Here by no later than December 23th 2019.