The Representative Office of Canada to the Palestinian Authority is pleased to announce a job opportunity for a Driver with an attractive compensation and benefits package. The competition is open to all persons who have the rright to work legally in the West Bank and Israel, or right to work legally in the West Bank and travel to Israel.
The successful candidate will report to the Common Service Officer. Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Providing confidential driving services to senior officials, program managers, mission staff, diplomatic couriers, and other visitors or dignitaries to and from work related appointments and functions, including events and meetings outside the host city, using established mission scheduling procedures, discretion, tact and decorum;
- Ensuring the highest level of safety and security while driving, choosing the most efficient routes to drive from one destination to another (avoiding traffic, accidents, construction, periodically changing routing for security purposes), and ensuring that alternative and contingency routes are used when necessary;
- Providing input regarding transportation logistics for visiting officials, mission events, ministerial and other diplomatic visits, collecting any car passes or badges and assists with the coordination of transportation requirements during delegation visits by providing instructions to other drivers as required;
Qualifications and Requirements: The successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Fluency in English, Arabic and Hebrew both oral and written.
- Graduation from a recognized secondary school.
- At least three (3) years of recent (within the past five (5) years), relevant work experience in a similar position for a corporate organization, foreign mission or other government office or international organization;
- Experience in general office support functions;
- Experience providing client service and working with external service providers;
- Experience driving armoured vehicles;
- Knowledge of local driving regulations and conditions;
- Knowledge of the geographical areas of the West Bank, Gaza Strip, Israel and Jordan;
- Basic knowledge of vehicle mechanics;
- Knowledge of local routes, checkpoints;
- Knowledge of passenger safety and security best practices.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office applications and internet-based applications.
Starting Salary: Starting at 48.53 ILS per hour (gross) plus 13th month bonus (ILS 101,284.05 gross per annum)
The Canadian Government is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from diverse sections of the community. Candidates will be considered on merit regardless of ethnic origin, religious belief, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other such factor.
Please visit the link below for more information on the position and the required qualifications.
****For details concerning the application procedure please visit:
And apply before 23 November 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for assessment***