العمل في مشروع مشترك بين اتحاد لجان العمل الصحي و منظمة أطباء بلا حدود-بلجيكا
Overview of UHWC
UHWC is NGO leading Palestinian knowledge-based community healthcare organazation established in 1985, contributing to community empowerment in healthcare and promoting the comprehensive concept in the Gaza Strip. Its members are gathering a healthy vision for our slogan, "Health Service is a right to whoever needs it". UHWC is achieving community health empowerment and promoting the comprehensive healthcare concept through capacity development; primary; and tertiary healthcare; culture and health, and community health communication and advocacy programs.
Position in the Organization الوظيفة في المنظمة
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association.
Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
- Organize and carry out anesthetic medical activities, according to MSF policies, protocols, and universal safety and hygiene standards, working in close collaboration with the surgeon and other medical staff. Increase the knowledge and practical skills of the anesthetic staff through on the job training and knowledge transfer in order to ensure the quality of care provided to patients
- Perform timely pre-operative anaesthesia consultations evaluating the risks of operation collaboration with the surgeon, providing the patient with appropriate information, in order to ensure the best conditions prior to the surgery. Select the appropriate anaesthetic technique according to the needs of the patient and the type of surgery being performed (including EMONO and peripheral nerve blocks where indicated)
- Carry out all anaesthesia related activities in the OT to ensure safe, appropriate anaesthesia.
- Preparation of drugs, material, and equipment required, and completion of the anaesthesia safety checklist before the case
- Administering and maintaining anaesthetics following the rules of hygiene and asepsis
- Monitoring patients throughout the intervention, and documenting appropriately
- Ensure transfer of patients to the recovery room, and transfer to the IPD only after all recovery room discharge criteria are met. Supervise the documentation in the recovery room, and the setting of a post-operative analgesic protocol.
- Advise on postoperative care in IPD in close collaboration with the surgeon, including fluid management, oxygenation monitoring and airway care, chest physiotherapy, and mobilization, with special focus on patient’s pain relief throughout their admission
- Implement and supervise IPC rules (including hand hygiene and appropriate use of PPE), procedures, and MSF protocols in OT/recovery and for anaesthesia materials (decontamination, sterilization, storage conditions, etc.) to ensure the safety and protection of patients and staff.
Supervise the OT pharmacy (drugs orders, inventories, expired drugs) and ensure OT register, consumptions, empty phials of narcotics, ensuring adequate stock is maintained.
- Ensure that OT and EMONO equipment (oxygen extractor, ventilation equipment, etc) are in good function, and that preventative maintenance carried out in a timely and appropriate fashion.
- Collaborate with fellow anaesthetists anaesthetist and/or MAM to organize the tasks of personnel under his/her responsibility, and carry out other team management activities (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, motivation, internal/external communication, etc.), in order to ensure having the appropriate team in terms of size, capabilities and skills.
- Collaborate with other departments in the project (responding to IPD and OPD requests, intervening in support of other services when needed, etc.), and participate in any emergency activity or exploratory mission, in order to support the overall MSF project with his/her expertise and capabilities.
Ensure proper fulfilment of administrative procedures and documentation (filling in patients files, forms, statistics, databases, etc.), and elaborate regular reporting about results, proceedings and problematic situations and cases, in order to have updated and correct information about the day-to-day activity in the project and support decision-making.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
قسم منظمة أطباء بلا حدود/ مسؤوليات أخرى متعلقة بأطباء بلا حدود
- Adapt all aspects of pre-operative assessment, selection and provision of anaesthesia, and recovery room and post-operative monitoring to ensure safe, appropriate care for paediatric patients
- Monitor the OT medical stocks/supplies in close collaboration with OT NTS ensuring proper pharmacy stock management of drugs and medical consumables, paying special attention to the management and documentation of narcotics.
- Provide consultations and ongoing follow-up of OPD patients with severe or chronic pain, encouraging multidisciplinary management including mental health and physiotherapy. Coordinate with OPD supervisor to plan pain clinics. Maintain the pain database. Liaise with other organizations, such as NORWAC and MSF-France, to ensure that patients receive appropriate but not duplicate care.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Essential: medical degree recognized by the state; post-graduate anaesthesia training, recognized by the state; current medical license
Desirable: two years’ experience working as an anaesthetist; experience providing anaesthetic and post-operative care to pediatric patients.
Experience having worked in MSF or other NGO’s an asset.
- Experience working with multi-cultural team desirable.
- Essential: mission language and English B2
- Teamwork, flexibilty, stress management, people management, results .
Apply with your CV and cover letter in English through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
Deadline is : Sunday 8th November 6:00 pm