DIGITAL MEDIA ADVISOR – VOLUNTEER MANDATE
Through its mission, Oxfam is committed to promote the well-being of children, youth, women and men. Oxfam has a zero-tolerance policy towards any behavior that violates its code of conduct, including sexual harassment, exploitation, and abuse, as well as lack of integrity, corruption and fraud.
To do so, Oxfam will ensure to recruit candidates who demonstrate the same values as the organisation and expects that everyone already working in the organisation shares and embody this commitment already.
Oxfam-Québec is implementing the Voluntary Cooperation Program (VPC) entitled “Equality in Action” working in close collaboration with Oxfam teams in the countries of intervention. This program will take place over a period of seven years (2020-2027) in about ten countries in Africa, the Middle East, and Latin America.
The VCP aims to increase the performance of local partner organizations in developing countries in implementing inclusive, innovative, and sustainable development initiatives that will advance gender equality. Oxfam’s role is to support civil society organizations (CSOs) working with the most vulnerable and marginalized people to claim and exercise their rights. The knowledge, capacity and expertise of the qualified volunteers will be leveraged through short and long-term assignments with local partner organizations.
The VCP will be articulated within Oxfam's Country Strategy while ensuring compliance with Oxfam-Québec's contractual agreements with its donors.
In close collaboration with the Oxfam team members in the country of intervention, the Digital Media Advisor will be responsible to:
- Assess partners’ digital and social media capacities and existing platforms and support the creation of new ones based on the partners’ mandate and targeted audience.
- Support local partners create engaging online content and better utilize their social media platforms.
- Support partners understand, analyse and utilize up to date digital media techniques that will help them maintain a strong online voice through social media such as the use of hashtags, sponsorship, creation of key messages, and orchestrated content including live content and pre-selected stories.
- Provide support in efficiently managing social media accounts, including development of plans for risk mitigation and audience engagement.
- Provide training on ethical use of social media and cyber security.
- Support partners build their social media plans and content calendars in coherence with overarching media strategy, with specified objectives.
- Provide training on the latest social media practices and technologies.
- Suggest new research and ways to build relevant audience base.
- Review and analyse partners social media engagement, provide social media listening and suggest new techniques and content that will help us reach the targeted audience.
- Support Oxfam team to analyze their existing social media platforms including outreach and engagement.
- Share and embody Oxfam’s commitment to a zero-tolerance policy against behaviour that violates the code of conduct, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse; intimidation; lack of integrity; corruption and fraud.
- Participate in development efforts in Canada during and after the mandate by contributing to the dissemination of the program, projects, partners, etc. through testimonials, life stories, photos, quotes, etc.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Have Canadian citizenship or permanent residence in Canada, or citizenship of a country in the Middle East other than OPTI.
- University degree in media, communication or digital media.
- At least three (3) years of proven work experience as a digital media specialist.
- Demonstrated excellent coaching capacities and experience in training and workshop facilitation.
- Creativity, innovation and mindset.
- Excellent knowledge of Middle East context.
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated reasonable tolerance to risk and to uncertainty context.
- Mastery of the Office suite.
- Excellent level of English, spoken and written (mandatory). Arabic (a great asset).
- Experience in international development (an asset).
- Adherence to Oxfam’s mission and values, including the promotion of equality between women and men.
- Living and housing allowances
- Medical and life insurance
- Volunteer Support Program
- Days off (20 days off/year for mandates of 12 months or more)
- Airline ticket home at the end of the mandate
- Access to various training courses
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted.
We accept applications on an ongoing basis. It is possible that the posting will end before the posted date. Please do not wait until the deadline to apply.
If you are interested in the position, please send your application (CV and cover letter in the working language of the country: French, English or Spanish) by clicking on the button below.