CALL OF PROPOSAL FOR CONSULTANCY
Clinical external supervision
For MdM Palestine mental health and psychosocial support team
Context and justification
Médecins du Monde (MDM) France is an international medical organization, which has been present in the occupied Palestinian territory since 1995. It operates in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank through offices located in Jerusalem, Gaza and Nablus.
MDM is implementing a project in 27 communities in Nablus, Salfit and Qalquilia Governorates that has as objective to mitigate the impact of occupation violence in the mental health and the psychosocial wellbeing of the population. The intervention includes among other activities, emergency MHPSS (Mental Health Psycho Social Support) after critical events as well as resilience based peer support group sessions for children, teenagers, women and men.
MdM work in Palestine is complex and demanding. The mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) team (1 psychologist and 5 social workers) intervene in emergencies and post-emergencies continuously - directly and indirectly - and are confronted to human suffering, which can affect their ability to provide quality services and their daily functioning adequately.
In order to prevent and mitigate stress, burn out, and secondary (vicarious) trauma related to MdM mission in Nablus and to consequently ensure the adequacy of the assistance,
external clinical supervision is a necessity.
The external supervision does not replace but complements the technical internal supervision which should be done on a regular basis within the organization, and which should focus more on the technical and programmatic aspects of the MHPSS activities.
Objective of Consultancy
To provide a safe, neutral, independent and confidential space outside the organization in which members of the team can reflect on their feelings and experiences, learn about themselves and from each other and better deal with their emotions and the way their daily practice can affect them individually, in order to improve their relationship skills.
- 1 monthly confidential group supervision (3 hours) (during working hours and without coordination/management staff)
- 1 monthly confidential individual supervision (1 hour) for each member of the team (during working hours and without coordination/management staff)
- No reports about staff in particular. Reports will be focus on staff’ needs and difficulties in general and shared with the mental health program manager in charge of the internal technical supervision.
- 1 monthly confidential technical meeting (1 hour) with the mental health program manager.
MDM is looking for qualified individuals with the following characteristics:
- Senior mental health and psychosocial support background (psychologist/psychiatrist or social worker);
- Qualification and previous significant experience in the field of external emotional supervision for psychologists and social workers;
- Clinical experience with patients/clients in psychotherapy and/or counseling;
- Trustful person and of integrity;
- Arabic and good command of English;
- Experience in systemic approach and group dynamics desirable;
The interested professionals should send their application including:
- CV of the supervision
- Financial offer following the structure:
- Individual Supervision hour (it includes transportation)
- Group Supervision hour (it includes transportation)
Interested candidates should send their complete application with the reference MDM/SUPERVSION/2018 to [email protected] no later than 25th March 2018