The Small Enterprise Center (SEC) Association is a Palestinian non-profit organization that started in tbe year 2002 to support both Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and entrepreneurs in Palestine. In 2008, SEC officially registered as an independent non-profit organization governed by the Palestinian Law of Charitable Associations and Community Organizations No.1 for the year 2000.
SEC is a leading national organization serving Palestinian Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSME) and social enterprises (including cooperatives) over Palestine where Gaza Office has started provision of business development services for SMEs since 2011.
Position: Business Development Specialist.
Work location: Gaza Strip
Type of Contract: Full time
Staff required: 2 persons
Contract period: one year, with a posobility to extend the contract for another year.
Business Development Specialist will have the following duties and tasks:
- Development of high-quality business plans for different sectors, including:
- Participate in design and development of selection criteria and business assessment tools in consultation with project management team.
- Conduct business assessment for the potential SMEs/cooperatives to be enrolled in the project activities.
- Select as part of selection committee the high growth SMEs run by high impact entrepreneurs
- Conduct business training for targeted SMEs/Cooperative/TVET graduates
- Develop business plans in clouse cooperation with enterprunures for potential SMEs include conducting market surveys and development of detailed list of business developed requirements including the preparations of deiled Bill of Quantities of ( raw materials, equipment and machinery) and required technical and identification of required /consultants support.
- Obtaining and auditing of official prices for machines and items included in the developed business plans
- Provide Business development training courses according to the needs of beneficiaries, including:
- Target groups’ needs assessment
- Preparations of training plans
- Preparation of training manuals according to the needs of beneficiaries
- Provide the project coordinator by logistic needs to implement the training activities
- Provide the needed training courses according to the training plans.
- Provide coaching services through projects’ life cycles
- Assess the impact of implementing small projects
-Facilitate business linkages/networking with relevant staeckholders players include Bbuiness Developmants services providers and MFIs with in the view of entering local markets
- Support the newly established entrepreneurs to expand and growth
- Participate in developing all documents related to business development
- Participate in SEC meetings and donors’ meetings when needed
- Preparation for related business development workshops
- Any other assigned activities as needed.
Training and Knowledge transfer
- Develop and conduct training needs assessment include design of tools, reporting of results and translation of findings.
- Design and develop required business/agency training manuals including both trainer and trainees’ manuals.
- Conduct business plans training and provide economic advice for new/existing entrepreneurs
- Conduct agency training for new/existing entrepreneurs
- Prepare all required technical training sessions logistics
- Prepare training reports aligned with all required supporting documents.
Overall project activities’ management
- Support in Perform monitoring and evaluation activities of the managed project through data collection and documentation of their provided support;
- Help enterprises grow and diversify business services and product offerings;
- Contribute in Ensuring that the project achieves its developmental impact/objectives;
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor degree in business administration or a relevant field. (or equivalent combination of formal training and experience e.g. in marketing, economics, management, business development or etc.). knowledge about community development, gender mainstreaming, with an emphasis on women economic empowerment would be added assets;
- At least 3 years of directly proven experience in working with women economic empowerment initiatives (mainly Women and Youth), marketing, business planning, pricing analysis, business coaching, and or micro/small business (Entrepreneurs/CBOs/ MSMEs) experience preferred, economic empowerment, livelihood, entrepreneurship projects.
- At least 3 years’ experience in project management;
- At least 2 years’ experience in working with women cooperatives within Gaza context.
- At least 2 years’ experience in working with TVET sectors with women/youth entrepreneurs.
- At least 4 years’ experience in working on development within NGOs
- Considerable knowledge of sound business procedures including sales and marketing; and understanding of financing options for business start-ups and business expansions.
- At least 3 years’ experience in conduct Training for Women and youth entrepreneurship, empowerment of MSMEs and CBOs/cooperatives, TVET sector engagement, participatory community development tools and methods.
- A working knowledge of project planning, monitoring and reviews, budget planning and management.
- Excellent reporting and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of donors’ policies and procedures.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English is advantage.
- Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheets, power point.
- Excellent in using online communication tools.
Only applicants who have the required qualities, experience, and skills will be considered. Interested applicants must include (a) A resume in PDF format named with applicant name and (b) a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position in PDF format named with applicant name.
Please submit your application by e- mail to [email protected] to the attention of the HR Department no later than Sunday 31/1/2021 2:00 PM and include the job title “Business Development Specialist” in the subject line.
Applications received after this date or that do not meet the qualifications above will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be, contacted for an interview.
Small Enterprises Center Association promotes the principle of Equal Opportunity for all, femle is more welcome to apply