ONLY CANDIDATES ENTITLED TO WORK IN STATE OF PALESTINE CAN APPLY
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall authority of the Head of the UNESCO Ramallah Office and the direct supervision of the Head of the Culture Unit, the incumbent of the post will contribute to the effective implementation, coordination, monitoring and reporting of the project entitled ‘Strengthening national capacities for safeguarding Palestinian intangible cultural heritage (ICH)’ carried out in close cooperation with the Living Heritage Entity at UNESCO Headquarters, the Palestinian Ministry of Culture and civil society stakeholders, which has been designed to support Palestine in its efforts to safeguard its living heritage, in accordance with the 2003 Convention for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage. The incumbent will, in particular:
- Assist the Head of the Culture Unit in the day-to-day management of the project in accordance with the latest updated work plan and budget as approved by the donor.
- Provide technical and administrative support to the timely implementation of activities and take appropriate actions to address challenges identified particularly in light of unforeseen contingences generated by the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Provide with organizational support in planning, preparing, implementing, coordinating and monitoring all activities, workshops and trainings including searching and selecting partners, contractors and consultants.
- Assist with communication and information management activities including preparing reports, drafting news, website and social media items.
- Facilitate exchange of knowledge related to the different project activities among stakeholders involved in the project, including the UNESCO facilitators and consultants contracted under the project; participate in the regular meetings of the Culture Unit and the Ramallah Office and share relevant information and lessons learnt in the framework of the project and related duties.
- Assist in the process of evaluation of the project which will be conducted in cooperation with all the stakeholders and prepare the final narrative report.
- Provide inputs and/or advisory support to similar initiatives for the safeguarding of the intangible cultural heritage and its promotion at the national, regional and international levels.
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
University degree in the field of culture, public policy, programme management or a related field.
A minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience in support to project design, implementation and coordination.
- Good knowledge of safeguarding of cultural heritage (tangible and intangible), promotion of cultural activities, cultural rights, cultural and creative industries.
- Good understanding of project cycle, including Monitoring and Evaluation, as well as knowledge of resource mobilization mechanisms.
- Capacity to build and maintain effective working relations with national/local authorities, experts, cultural institutions and relevant intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team and to maintain effective working relationships particularly in a multicultural environment and multi-stakeholder setting.
- Solid overall computer literacy, inculding proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc).
- Excellent oral and written skills:excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills.
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision and tight deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge (written and spoken) of English and good knowledge (written and spoken) of Arabic.
- Relevant training/certification in the field of culture.
- Professional experience in the United Nations System.
- Familiarity with the political and cultural context of the region.
- Knowledge of UNESCO's standard-setting instruments and conventions
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.