طبيب: إدارةالمضادات الحيوية
Overview of UHWC
UHWC is NGO leading Palestinian knowledge-based community healthcare organazation established in 1985, contributing to community empowerment in healthcare and promoting the comprehensive concept in the Gaza Strip.Its members are gathering a healthy vision for our slogan , "Health Service is a right to whoever needs it". UHWC is achieving community health empowerment and promoting the comprehensive healthcare concept through capacity development; primary; and tertiary healthcare; culture and health, and community health communication and advocacy programs.
Overview of MSF :
Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
Position in the Organization
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) / Doctors Without Borders has increased its focus on the problem of antibiotic resistance. Antibiotic resistance (ABR) is growing rapidly in low and middle-income countries and MSF faces ongoing challenges managing antibiotic resistant infections in hospitalized patients particularly in patients with burns, trauma, hospital infections and in pediatric and neonatal care. ABR threatens patient outcomes, makes hospitals less safe and increases costs. MSF is committed to responding and one part of this response is to increase efforts to conserve the effectiveness of antibiotics through antibiotic stewardship.
In this hospital, this profile will serve to implement the antibiotic stewardship program in close collaboration and support of the expat antibiotic stewardship doctor. He/ She also has the responsibility of monitoring and management of IPD patients with existing medical comorbidities/ complications arising from the surgical management, and the referral to a specialized tertiary healthcare facility for intensive care follow-up as needed.
- Provide direct medical care as a member of the hospital team in the inpatient department (IPD), and the outpatient department (OPD). Maintain clear and up to date patient notes for all patients in the antibiotic program in both settings.
- Provide regular (weekly or more frequent as required) follow up of patients receiving antibiotic treatment, paying particular attention to correct antimicrobial selection and appropriate de-escalation according to microbiology, and antibiotic side effects. Work in the IPD, during weekly ward rounds, and the OPD, for designated clinic days.
- Be responsible for optimization of antibiotic treatment according to patient and culture results, including de-escalation or escalation whenever necessary
- Discuss clinical questions or complex cases with the expatriate Infectious Disease doctor or ID Referent as is appropriate/required.
- To respond to GP referrals of medical complications arising from the surgical management of the cases.
- Make a thorough clinical assessment of the medical condition of patients at the IPD with concurrent medical comorbidities, and ensure follow-up and management of these cases, as needed, in coordination with the MAM.
- Facilitate tertiary care referrals of critical cases requiring intensive care.
- Provide real-time review and feedback on inpatient antibiotic orders / prescriptions for all restricted antibiotics to facilitate dispensing from Pharmacy.
- Work in collaboration with Pharmacy to follow antibiotic consumption in the different departments and correlate consumption with medical treatment data, ensuring rational usage of prophylactic and therapeutic antibiotics.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team, including medical doctors (GPs and surgeons), nurses, pharmacy, microbiology lab, and any others involved in the rational prescription and distribution of antibiotics, infection prevention and control, and identification of nosocomial infections.
- Lead Antibiotic Stewardship team meeting, the focus of which will be discussion of microbiology results, antibiotic use, IPC issues, patient’s education, and adherence to treatment.
- Provide support to IPC, including the interpretation of microbiology results and decisions regarding the need for isolation and contact precautions of patients with multidrug resistant organisms (MDROs).
- Provide training for medical and paramedical staff on appropriate antibiotic use, toxicities, side effects, contra indications, drugs interactions, appropriate route and appropriate monitoring, including transition from IV to PO formulations.
- Support all related activities including hospital infection control and surgical site infection follow-up.
- Liaise with the surgical team for microbiology sample schedules, and to ensure proper samples collection (including correct labeling) and sent to the laboratory and the results received, accordingly.
- Increase awareness around MDR organisms, including mechanism of resistance, ways of transmission, infectivity, and appropriate management using different educational tools.
- Deliver relevant reports documenting antibiotic stewardship processes, outcomes and constraints, proposing solutions and improvements, including the monthly antibiotic stewardship report to be relayed to the expat antibiotic stewardship MD.
- Work in collaboration with the MAM and the Expat Antibiotic Stewardship MD (and if required, PMR/ MedCo, Referents) to share experiences and results to other validated actors that may benefit from this information (other MSF projects, health authorities, other medical facilities, and community).
- Collaborate in the development of adapted guidelines related to antibiotics and infection control in the hospital.
- Collaborate in the development of adapted data collection tools necessary for the project.
- Participate in MSF operational research reflecting antibiotic resistance and MSF project objectives.
- The above-mentioned activities and responsibilities are not exhaustive and the employee can be asked to perform other tasks, according to the necessary daily work and the occasional needs of the mission.
Responsibilities towards MSF
Commitment to MSF
- Availability for emergencies
General knowledge of MSF
- Has a general understanding of the association, its functioning, structure and values (charter).
- Is aware of MSF objectives and activities in general and in the working context.
- Participates actively in meetings and trainings.
Cooperation with other departments
- Is aware of activities of other departments and respect specific rules and procedures.
- Interprets conversation when necessary.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Medical doctor, with valid practice licence. Preferable internal medicine or paediatric board certificate or board eligible.
- Preferable previous experience of at least one year in related relevant positions, in MSF or other NGOs.
- Preferable infectious diseases and antibiotic stewardship training or background.
- Arabic and English Fluent
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- Good knowledge of MSF protocols and practices.
تقديم طلبات التوظيف إلكترونياً عبر الرابط forms.gle/BWVXLGrGh8njs2GM7
تقديم الطلبات ابتداءً من الثلاثاء 28/09/2021 حتى نهاية يوم الخميس الموافق 07/10/2021.
يرجى إحضار الأوراق الثبوتية التاليةلاحقا : سيرة ذاتية باللغة الانجليزية- صورة الهوية – شهادة جامعية في التخصص- كشف الدرجات –شهادات الخبرة – شهادة الثانوية العامة –مزاولة المهنة-صور شخصية ( أصل وصورة لكل الأوراق).