PLACE IN THE ORGANISATION
The incumbent of this post is responsible to Director of Operation Section at Al Awda Hospital he/she is assigned to:
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In according with (UHWC) policy and procedures, the incumbent as a member of the Anesthesia Health Team where assigned to:
- Good knowledge of the Anesthesia principles and its related sciences.
- Assist the anesthesiologist, who is the supervisor of the anesthesia in the OT, in the work and in light of the instructions issued by him.
- PREOPERATIVE EVALUATION (in accordance with the doctor anesthetist):
- Performing consultations to patients scheduled for anesthesia and surgery,
- Evaluating the risks of the anesthesia procedure,
- Providing patients with appropriate information on their anesthetic and intra operative management,
- DURING THE PROCEDURE:
- Participating with the OT nurse to enter the patient in the operating room and check all the information about him.
- Carrying out all clinical activities related to safe provision of anesthesia and maintenance of homeostasis during surgery, under supervision of doctor anesthetist.
-Preparation of the anesthesia and peripheral devices, and ensuring the safety of the connections and operation as well as sterilization and clean the devices according to infection prevention and control guidelines.
-Prepare medicines and solutions needed for anesthesia and inform the anesthetist about them.
- Maintaining a continuous, vigilant presence and monitoring throughout the whole procedure and inform the anesthetist doctor for any changes you get to the anesthetized patient and record on the anesthesia chart
- Writing prescriptions for anesthesia and follow up order
- Prepare and test the anesthesia equipment every morning.
- Refilling all the supply in the emergency trolley for drugs and disposables.
- POSTOPERATIVE CARE:
-Includes immediate post-operative surveillance in the recovery room (in collaboration with the OT nurse), until patient has regained normal control of the airway and cardiovascular stability. Supervise management of pain, nausea, vomiting and other symptoms during the recovery period, after consultation with the anesthetist.
-Systematic evaluation of pain scores and adaptation of analgesic medication and other therapies after consultation with anesthetist doctor.
- Perform night shifts according to the rotation program and procedures.
- ANESTHETIC DATA AND SURGICAL CHECKLIST
-Completion of clinical documentation (patients files, checklists, anesthetic forms),
- Completion of routine data collection on surgical activity
-In collaboration with the OT supervisor, carrying out quantitative surgical-anesthesia data collection
-Participation in audit of perioperative morbidity and mortality, including reporting, analysis and discussion
- CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE OF ANESTHESIA AND AIRWAY EQUIPMENT
-Implementing and following standard precautions and infection prevention and control procedures at all times
-Looking after the integrity of anesthesia material (decontamination, sterilization, storage conditions, etc.) and other equipment, in order to ensure the safety and protection of patients and other staff
- Reporting any malfunction to the OT supervisor.
- SEDATION ROOM MANAGEMENT
- Being able (under the supervision of doctor anesthetist) to manage:
- the pre sedation evaluation of the patients,
- the technical aspect of providing the sedation with nitroxide and monitoring the vital signs
- the correct evaluation of post sedation recovery
- the data collection and the completion of clinical documentation of patient files
- Dealing with the possible complications of the procedure in presence of the anesthesiologist.
- providing the cleaning and the maintenance of anesthesia and airway equipment
-Respecting, promoting and ensuring medical confidentiality
-Knowing accidental blood exposure policy and procedure and implementing them when necessary.
-Doing special follow-up of narcotics and sedatives (register, consumptions, empty phials, etc.), ensuring enough stock for the smooth functioning of medical activities.
-Drawing up pharmacy orders according to stock and consumption.
-Training other medical staff when applicable
- Is responsible of the inventory, consumption follow up of the drugs and disposables used for anesthesia
- Follow-up regular maintenance of anesthesia devices.
- Apply safety principles and rules at work.
- Performs such other duties as may be required.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Academic and professional qualifications
- Bachelor Anesthesia degree / or two-year diploma in Anesthesia from organized institution.
- Possession of a license to practice nursing services.
- At least Four years’ experience for diploma and two years’ experience for Bachelor anesthetist technician.
Good command of written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Good communication skills and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients
- Good organizational skills and ability to work under pressure and cope with heavy workload
- Adequate computer skills
- Self-motivated and shows willingness to learn from others
- Acts in accordance with the professional ethics and values
- Be available for work in any time to the (UHWC).
The Applicants should fill the application form at the Department of Management and Human Resources at the headquarters of the Union of Health Work Committees in Gaza – Al Nasser – Al Maqusi area – opposite Al Maqusi Mosque – 3rd floor, 2895987. The application should include: CV, supporting documents, 2 personal photos, and “you should bring your Original Documents to compare with the copies”.
The last date for accepting applications is: Saturday 28 / 3 / 2019 at 2:00 pm.
Administration and Human Resources