AIDA Advocacy Coordinator
40 hrs per week – 1 year
Estimated start date: ASAP
Based in Jerusalem
Deadline for Application: 13th June 2023
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The AIDA Advocacy Coordinator plays a key role in coordinating AIDA’s, advocacy, and communications across the oPt .
- AIDA engages and advocates for positive policy change, directly or through members, with duty bearers and civil society to protect civic and humanitarian space and the rights of Palestinians in the oPt.
- AIDA supports members reach their advocacy goals through information sharing, coordination of work, capacity building, and connection with external fora.
For the detailed job profile please Click Here
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience in a complex and volatile humanitarian/recovery context;
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Knowledge about own leadership, coordination and facilitation skills/profile;
- Relevant tertiary qualification(s);
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in NGO/UN coordination, advocacy, communications and/or program implementation in oPt;
- Sound understanding of political, development, humanitarian and human rights issues, programming and operations in Palestine and Israel;
- Excellent verbal and written communication, networking and influencing skills;
- Capacity to work under pressure and prioritise effectively;
- Documented experience facilitating effective meetings, workshops and training;
- Excellent ICT and information management skills, including MS Office, database management, online communication, and social media platforms;
- Fluency in English and Arabic, with Hebrew competence an advantage;
- Willingness to travel throughout Palestine and Israel, including Gaza.
- Handling insecure environments
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Coping with change
- Initiating action and change
What we offer
The employee will be contracted by Oxfam with a competitive, fair and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors. Basic salary starts as 204,195 ILS gross per annum, for a 40-hour contract. Salary offered will be subject to funding available and competences.
How to apply
Interested candidates can apply for the job application by clicking Here by no later than 13th June 2023.
Oxfam is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those that are suitable to work within our values are recruited to work for us.