Life and Hope Association (LHA) is a non-governmental, non-profit and independent society founded in Gaza in 1996. LHA aims at contributing to the development and empowerment of its beneficiaries toward a sustainable society and based on the real and active participation of beneficiaries specially the youth, children and vulnerable groups.
As part of its emergency response endeavour, LHA in partnership with Mercy Corps will implement a project that aims to support vulnerable households to improve access to food and other essential basic needs and restore livelihood capacities in the immediate aftermath of the May 2021 escalation in hostilities. This project will build upon Mercy Corps’ current oPt-HF funded cash project to further respond to urgent crisis-emerged needs and continually increasing needs amongst targeted vulnerable groups, whose situation has been exacerbated by recent conflict.
Position Title: Agriculture Engineer – Full time
Place: LHA Office, Jabalia
Reports to: Project Officer \ Project Coordinator
Period: 5 Months
- Coordination with the project officer or coordinator, association management, local community partners, and others to select the potential beneficiaries.
- Work closely with the project officer or coordinator in planning, preparing and tracking progress, documentation and filing the documents of all project activities and any related work.
- Create database for candidates to benefit of the project.
- Conducting needs assessment for the candidates to benefit from the project through field visits and collecting relevant information to verify their needs and prioritize.
- Demonstrate high quality standards related to technical evaluation and engineering estimates to obtain the required assistance, an accurate estimate of the costs of the needs of the target farmers.
- Preparing BoQs, list of beneficiaries, and the technical specifications of the materials & tools needed for farmers.
- Develop work plans for project activities and follow up the implementation of the Agricultural land rehabilitation works.
- Prepare regular reports on project implementation and progress.
- Advise others regarding green practices or environmental concerns.
- Develop operational methods or processes that use agriculture products or emphasize sustainability.
- Perform any other tasks and duties as necessary throughout the project period.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualification and Experience:
- At least Bachelor degree from an accredited university in Agriculture Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in a similar position.
- Work experience in agriculture field, evaluation and rehabilitation agriculture lands.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good Monitoring and Evaluation skills.
- Good writing and communication skills in both English and Arabic.
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel).
- Understanding of protection in humanitarian context.
- A resident of North/ Gaza governorate.
Interested candidates can apply for the job application by clicking Here by no later than 04:00 PM, July 4, 2021.
- Any incomplete submission will not be considered
- LHA is an equal rights employer, we encourage qualified women.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.