MDM Advocacy Officer in Jerusalem
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organization committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organization do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 40 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM strategy in Palestine focuses on 3 topics: Mental Health & Psychosocial Support (MHPSS), Sexual & Reproductive Health (SRH) and Emergency Preparedness (EPP).
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the advocacy coordinator, you are in charge of the providing support in the implementation of the Palestine Mission advocacy strategy, including collecting, analyzing, synthetizing field data, testimonies and disseminating them plus any other material of interest for achieving the general objectives of the strategy.
Your main responsibilities are to:
- Enhance the global strategic and operational advocacy needs of the Mission.
- Develop and use the communication outputs, tools and platforms.
- Contribute to the drafting of MdM Advocacy strategy and activities’ proposals for donors.
Development and implementation of the Mental health advocacy strategy
- Be the main driver in the implementation of the operational advocacy strategy on mental health.
- Develop complementary strategic documents together with the advocacy coordinator.
- Monitor and analyse the political environment and context in Palestine.
- Brief the advocacy coordinator on key media news and other documents in Arabic.
- Strengthen the links between Advocacy coordination and the field, ensuring support to programme monitoring and evaluation, follow-up on operational advocacy and facilitate flow of information.
- Collaborate with the Advocacy coordinator to design and develop thematic modules awareness for raising activities on safety and access for healthcare for target beneficiaries.
- Provide monthly reports of activities and other reports on the request of the advocacy coordinator.
Elaboration of advocacy supports and data management
- Produce infographics and other communication material to present in an innovative way the advocacy key messages and information.
- Assist in preparing and deploying data collection, management and analysis tools for the general production of advocacy outputs.
- Provide assistance to the Mission’s Communication activities in terms of content and production: assist to design communication materials such as posters, brochures, videos, radio spots, etc.
- Ensure that all communications materials adhere to MdM’s Advocacy strategy.
Coordination & networking
- Attend MdM strategic meetings with local partners (Ministry of health, international organizations, NGOs, etc.) in coordination with the advocacy and field coordinators.
- Coordinate with the advocacy coordinator on meetings follow up, advocacy working groups in the Palestinian Territory (AIDA, UN clusters), take part to joint initiatives and develop shared messages.
- Establish and maintain relationships with INGOs/NGOs, activists, public bodies etc., including disseminating key facts of MDM activities, and coordinating the visibility.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employee Contract: Fixed-term contract
Duration: 12 Months (with possibility to be extended).
Starting date: March 2019.
Position based in Jerusalem
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Education & Experience
- A degree in Social Sciences, or in any other relevant field (law, journalism, public health, international relations, anthropology, psychology).
- Good knowledge of social work, psychology or psychiatry in Palestine is a plus.
- Valuable experience in producing written outputs, analysis, and methodological recollection of data.
- Experience in addressing authorities.
- Extensive experience in maintaining network activities including with national or International NGO’s and official service providers.
Personal skills required
- Excellent communicational skills.
- Excellent writing skills in both English and Arabic; experience in translating Arabic to English/French is a plus.
- Able to work independently.
- High sense of curiosity.
- Proven skills on critical analysis.
- Demonstrated flexibility and creativity in planning and problem solving.
- Office pack (Excel, Word, Power Point); experience using Adobe creative suite software (Photoshop, Premiere, Illustrator) is a plus
- Knowledge of Kobo-toolkit or similar data collection tools is a plus
You are committed to MdM’s values as an organization and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
Qualified applicants are invited to send their resume or CV and a one-page cover letter in English, by e-mail to [email protected]
Please reference the job title as MDM/ADVOFFICER/2019 in the subject line of your e-mail.
Deadline for receiving the electronic application is Sunday the 17 February 2019
-- Telephone Applications Will Not Be Accepted --
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.