War Child is an independent and impartial international non-governmental child rights organization investing in a peaceful future for children and young people affected by armed conflict. With a focus on child protection, mental health and psychosocial support, we strive to empower children and young people, while enabling adults to bring about positive and lasting change in the lives of conflict affected children and young people. War Child has been working in the oPt since 2006, and has offices in Jerusalem, Hebron, the Jordan Valley, and in Gaza.
General Objective of the Role
War Child seeks a motivated Advocacy Consultant to support War Child’s advocacy and outreach efforts. The main objectives of this consultancy are; developing an advocacy plan with clear goals, outputs, and deliverables; developing advocacy materials; and providing capacity building and technical support to children and youth via partner organizations as needed. The Consultant will be involved both in national and international advocacy platforms.
Scope of Work:
The Consultant will:
- Review War Child’s strategic documents including country strategy, annual plan, and theory of change
- Develop a child-rights focused advocacy strategy and plan for War Child in oPt, in line with the country strategy and taking into account issues identified by strategic civil society partners. The plan will include goals, target audiences, outputs and deliverables.
- Conduct capacity building on advocacy within the oPt country team and partners as needed.
- Plan and implement advocacy activities and interventions, and working with the MEAL Specialist, develops M&E tools and procedures to assess impact of the advocacy strategy and interventions.
- Research, develop/coordinate internal and external child-rights focused policy and advocacy papers, statements, calls for action, including joint policy/advocacy projects with key stakeholders as required.
- Research and produce child-rights focused advocacy messages and materials (written, social media, audiovisual) related to programmatic work, as well as needed investments in MHPSS, SGBV, child protection and education for children living under occupation and in conflict.
- Organize and coordinate advocacy/engagement activities including meetings, steering groups, campaign days, social media campaigns, media/radio broadcasts, conferences, workshops, delegation visits.
- Provide briefings for donors, partners, political actors and delegations as needed
- Represents War Child oPt country office and provides substantial inputs to relevant national (specifically AIDA advocacy and UN agency working groups), regional, and international advocacy platforms.
- Participates in national, regional, and international events to position issues and lobby relevant stakeholders as needed.
Deliverables: (indicative, as deliverables may change depending on the developed advocacy and communications strategy)
- A detailed advocacy strategy and plan, with goals, target audiences, outputs and deliverables.
- Develop 5 advocacy papers/statements (at minimum)
- Produce 6 child-rights focused advocacy audio-visual materials.
- Attend and actively participate in monthly Advocacy Working group meetings.
- Review any policy papers/statements/advocacy materials developed by partners, when needed.
- Any other required activity in order to fulfill the objectives, or requested by the Country Management Team
- A final assignment report outlining key results and achievements.
Expected to start June 2021 through December 2021. Number of days will be determined based on the proposed workplan.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Relevant academic background (e.g., advocacy, international human rights, public affairs, journalism/or communication, etc)
- Minimum of 5 years experience with proven professional record working in the field of advocacy and communication with humanitarian or development programs
- Demonstrated understanding of child rights and human rights framework, and ethical story-telling and child safeguarding in advocacy and communications
- Demonstrated writing skills for different audiences and products
- Demonstrated communication, interviewing, advocacy and research experience, including with children, vulnerable persons as well as a variety of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated understanding of the political contexts affecting child rights, protection, mental health and well-being, and access to education in the oPt and Middle East region
- Strong appreciation of risks facing War Child and the need to adhere to agreed policy guidelines in advocacy
- Familiarity with key organizations providing and/or advocating for child rights in the oPt and the Middle East region
- Good relationship with Palestinian media outlets.
- Strong social media and IT skills, experience in producing or overseeing production of short videos, and ability to produce good quality still images desirable
- Experience of networking and building partnerships with partners, coalitions and others
- Experience in advocacy work related to child protection, mental health and psychosocial support, education, and gender programming desirable.
- Proven ability to work productively with a variety of stakeholders to run participatory processes and meet tight deadlines with an emphasis on quality
- Excellent spoken and written Arabic and English (Hebrew will be an added value)
- Critical thinking and strong analytical skills
- Fast, accurate, creative and versatile writing skills, including for digital media
- Strong ability to see newsworthy stories quickly and easily
- Ability to identify needs/gaps and work towards solutions
- Commitment to training, capacity building, and collaboration with local organisations
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, maintaining close working relationships with local authorities, international NGOs, and local NGOs and associations.
- Openness to working with different communities.
- Works well in a small team, comfortable in a flexible working environment
“Commitment to the vision and goals of War Child Holland in oPt, including adherence to the Child Safeguarding Policy, is essential”
المسمى الوظيفي Advocacy Consultant
آخر موعد للتقديم 03 - Jun - 2021
نوع الوظيفة العقود والاستشارات
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 5 Years
Please send the following:
- Cover Letter and CV
-Proposed methodology and indicative workplan
-Required number of days
-Daily rate and total expected fee (in Euro)
- Example of previous relevant work
- 3 references
to [email protected] by June 3, 2021, citing Advocacy Consultant in the subject line.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة War Child Holland منظمة أطفال الحرب الهولندية
Emergency Response Operations Officer
Emergency Response Project Coordinator
Procurement and Logistics Officer
WPS Consortium Coordinator
Women Peace and Security Consortium Coordinator
22, Nov, 2020
18, Nov, 2020
Psychosocial Support Technical Officer - South
20, Oct, 2020