Médecins du Monde (MdM) France is an international medical organization, which has been present in the Palestinian territory since 1995. It operates in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank (WB) through offices located in Jerusalem, Beirzet, Gaza and Nablus.
MdM is currently looking for a qualified candidate to fill the position of Administrative Assistant based in Nablus.
Number of vacancies: 1
Duration: 1 year, renew of contract depend on availability of Fund
Start date: ASAP
Location : Nablus
- To support the Administration department with technical tasks related to finance, accounting, administrative management, and Human Resources (HR) applying defined procedures and rules.
- To assist in the day-to-day implementation, follow-up of the administrative management, finance, and HR tasks.
- Assist in the effective and efficient functioning of the Administration, financial, and Human resources department.
- Assist in the full compliance of administrative activities with MdM rules, regulations, policies, and strategies.
- Assist in the monthly accountancy transaction of the base.
- Save and archive documents.
- Write and/or translate documents, memos, reports, and letters based on requests from the direct supervisor.
- HR Responsibilities
- Assist in the recruitment process (announcement, longlisting, contact of candidates, application of written and practical tests, drafting of job offers and contracts).
- Create and update physical personnel files and update the personnel database.
- Responsible for the Health insurance claims.
- Prepare cheques for staff who request salary advance.
- Prepare permit application request for national staff.
- Monitor leave, absences and follow-up of staff working hours, annual leave forms, compensation of extra hours.
- Keep updated individual staff files for all Base national staff.
- Contribute to monitoring contracts (end of trial period, changes to contracts, etc.) and maintain the direct supervisor and the Field Coordinator of the base up to date
- Collect and communicate information required to establish the payroll (leave, overtime, salary advances, etc.) and post-payroll payments (reporting to social agencies, tax authorities, etc.
- Administrative Responsibilities
- Assist in various administrative duties (daily office tasks, the organization of trainings, meetings and other events).
- Assist in following up all administrative contracts of the base and make sure all contracts are valid and alert the direct supervisor to the ending dates of any contract in an appropriate time.
- Assist in calculating mobiles lines invoices (monthly fees, over consumption, extra cost of internet consumption or
any other extra added service, tax, any other deduction, or increase) registering all information on MdM template,
in addition to follow up on reimbursement of staff in case of any extra cost.
- Travel Management (booking, air travel, hotels, visas, etc.).
- Update contact list.
- Financial Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Translate, give title, attribute analytic, accountancy and budgetary codes and file all invoices and receipts of expenditures daily according to the mission financial procedures.
- Cash management for a base: make payments, inventories, anticipate cash requirements, foreign currencies, issues cheques.
- Manage advances (payment, monitoring, balance)
- Responsible for the monthly accountancy transactions and bookkeeping, check consistency of invoices, with all needed codes.
- Prepare closing documents.
- Process the mission’s accounting documents (copies, scans, filing, archiving)
- Assist in the preparation of any admin, finance or HR report based on the request of the direct supervisor.
- Ensure proper oral and written translation when needed.
- Apply and respect MdM security rules in the mission.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor in administration, Finance, accounting, economics or other related field.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a similar capacity preferably with INGOs
- Good communication skills.
- Good command of English and Arabic languages (both written and spoken).
- Computer skills (word, excel, PowerPoint, finance, software…)
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to take direction, work independently, as well as coordinate work with others.
- Desire to increase skill set and learn new things.
- Flexible, with a willingness to take on tasks outside of job description.
Qualified applicants are invited to send their resume or CV and a one-page cover letter in English, by e-mail to [email protected]
Please reference the job title as NAB/ADMASSIST/2023 in the subject line of your e-mail.
Deadline for receiving the application is Tuesday the 10th of October 2023
MdM will review the CVs upon its reception on a rolling basis and will recruit the qualified one as soon as the suitable candidate is identified, without distinction ethnic background or gender.
Please note that MdM will contact only pre-selected candidates and by email.
We thank all candidates for their interest in a position with MdM