Oxfam is committed to ridding the world of poverty. We have a conviction that people are well capable of building a livelihood without poverty on their own, once given the chance to do so. Which is why we support local projects in developing countries, why we lobby governments and companies to take into account the interests of the poorest people, and why we campaign to involve the public also in our work. Within the Oxfam confederation we work together as 19 Oxfam affiliates, with the final aim to end the injustice of poverty.
Oxfam invites applications from experienced candidates with strong analytical skills and conceptual paths for the following position:
Administration and Logistics Assistant
Purpose of the job:
Provide administration and logistics support to the Ramallah office
The post reports to the Logistics and Security Coordinator and has no staff reporting to it.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Responsible for reception role in the Ramallah Office.
- Under the guidance of the Logistics and Security Coordinator ensure that the Ramallah office purchases & services are done according to Oxfam’s procurement policy & procedures.
- Support programme teams in programme procurement including liaison with other departments such as HR and Finance.
- Responsible for fleet management of the Ramallah office vehicles in close coordination with Logistics and Security Coordinator
- Office Security and Maintenance and management of Office, Storage facilities and cleaner.
- Follow up with the IT focal point and the IT support company on any IT issues arising in the office.
- Carry out driving responsibilities in accordance with Oxfam policies & in accordance with the local laws.
- To assist in the enforcing & updating of the operating & safety procedures and to ensure the health & safety and well being of staff, visitors, temporary staff using Oxfam’s vehicles & property.
- Maintaining Ramallah Office assets including the recording of assets; reporting any asset movement, loss or damage
- Any task reasonably assigned to you by your line manager or designated person
Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- Experience in a similar logistics role. Understanding of fleet management and purchases procedures
- Technically competent in administration.
- Ability to communicate instructions effectively
- Able to organise own work with minimum supervision.
- Good communication skills.
- Good time-management skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to work within a team.
- Continually seeks out most efficient use of resources.
- Enthusiastic and committed to Oxfam’s goals
- Willing & able to offer support to other departments.
- Computer literate, including word processing, database / spreadsheet use
- Written & oral Arabic, English essential.
- Previous Logistics and Procurement background
The employee will be contracted by Oxfam with a competitive, fair and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors. Salary range 82,667 – 115,734 ILS gross per annum, for a 40 hour contract. Salary offered will be subject to funding available and competences.
Interested candidates can apply for the job application through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
by no later than October 16th 2018
Oxfam is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those that are suitable to work within our values are recruited to work for us.