Save the Children is seeking a qualified candidate to fulfil the following vacancy in its Gaza Field Office:
Position: Admin Field Officer / Receptionist – Replacement
Position Ref.: SCI/ AFO/2018
Deadline to apply: August 7th, 2018
The role: This position is responsible to ensure the smooth functioning and support in administration in the Gaza Field office. The person will also be responsible in ensuring compliance with Save the Children policies and procedures.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Key Area 1: Provide office support services
- Perform Receptionist Functions as required
- Receive, direct and relay telephone messages and fax messages
- Direct the general public to the appropriate staff member
- Respond to public inquiries
- Arrange appointments for SCI visitors as required.
- Connect all long distance calls asked by the staff.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of office supplies.
- Assist in the planning and preparation of meetings.
- Attend regular staff meeting and generate minutes
Key Area 2: Organizational Development and Ensure Compliances:
- Provide administrative support to Gaza based staff, contribute to development of administrative policies for Save the Children, and ensure SCI operations are in line with policies and procedures.
Key Area 3: Travel Management:
- Facilitate travel of incoming international visitor and national staff including logistics arrangements (Hotel reservation & availability of the Guest House).
Key Area 4: Facility Services/Agreements:
- In charge of Frame Work Agreement (FWA) (office supplies, reg. coffee, Taxi and stationary.) Follow up with the vendors and prepare payments.
- Prepare payments for office utilities and other miscellaneous requests petty cash
- Keep update record of all services agreements and submit update tracking sheet on monthly basis.
Key Area 5: Administrative Functions:
- Perform clerical duties including filing, monitor the use of supplies.
- Responsible for the financial claim with local newspapers, and calling for bids.
- Arrange the taxi requests for the staff and prepare the financial claim for the taxi service provider at the end of each month.
- Monitor the use of supplies and equipment.
- Coordinate the repair and maintenance of office equipment.
Key Area 6: Event Management:
- Arrange meetings, trainings, workshops- in and outside the office as needed.
Key Area 7: Petty Cash Management:
- In charge of the Petty Cash Account for Gaza Field Office
- Responsible for record keeping of all documents related to petty cash payments.
Key Area 8: Supervision and Monitoring Premises Cleaning:
- Supervise the cleaner in Gaza Field Office
- Day to day cleaner supervision for the Gaza guest houses
Qualifications and experience
- University / College Degree in Business Administration or relevant field
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of 2 years of similar previous experience
- Good understanding on admin related issues.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Maintaining confidentiality, documentation & filing skills
- Very Good communication skills (English & Arabic)
- Very good commands on MS Office.
- Time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Valid driving licence
- Good trouble shooting skills
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 120 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the rights of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Applications should be submitted to the email address: [email protected] , please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. please make sure to mention the position ref. in the subject. The selection committee will review all applications as they are received. All applicants must meet the minimum requirements described above, and those unable to meet these requirements will not be considered.
Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.