Life and Hope Association (LHA) is a non-governmental, non-profit and independent society founded in Gaza in 1996. LHA aims at contributing to the development and empowerment of its beneficiaries toward a sustainable society and based on the real and active participation of beneficiaries specially the youth, children and vulnerable groups.
LHA will implement several projects in partnership with INGOs in more than one field, Thus, LHA intends to hire a part-time accountant based on the availability of funding.
Position Title: Accountant - Part Time
Place: LHA Office, Jabalia
Reports to: Finance Manager
Period: 5 Months
- Maintain LHA’s general accounting system and track expenditures related to the organization’s programs and projects.
- Ensure that the accounting system is kept up to date.
- Process all financial transactions in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Prepare invoices and document payments.
- Manage the day-to-day functioning of the finance section, including cash disbursements, cash receipts, etc.
- Establish an effective filing system which can provide easy access to information and proper documentation of all financial requirement.
- Ensure all typical donor requirements for documentation of expenditures are met to facilitate attribution of expenses to donors when funding is obtained.
- Keep track and regularly update of our budget-tracking tool.
- Responsible for preparing monthly reports for the director, quarterly accounts for the project team and donor.
- Support during our annual audit.
- Performing other accounting duties as assigned.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor degree from an accredited university in Accounting.
- At least 2 years’ relevant experience in non-profit organizations national and international.
- Experienced using Al Aseel accounting software.
- Proficiency in MS Office skills particularly Excel.
- Excellent English and Arabic competences.
- Good organizational skills, punctuality, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A resident of North/Gaza governorate.
Qualified candidates should send the following documents to the following email:
- Cover letter.
- The most recent CV including 2 professional contacts as references.
- Kindly state in the email subject “Accountant”
- Any incomplete submission will not be considered
- Deadline for submitting applications is 04:00 PM, 18 July, 2021.
- LHA is an equal rights employer, we encourage qualified women.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.