The Project: FCDO Trade Facilitation and Customs Support (TFCS)
The FCDO Trade Facilitation and Customs Support programme (TFCS; Tasdeer) is a £15m programme financed by FCDO and operational from 2020 – 2023. The objective of the Tasdeer is to improve the trade performance and customs capabilities in the OPTs. It will ultimately contribute to increased inclusive private sector-led economic growth and fiscal sustainability in the OPTs.
Cowater is responsible for managing the implementation of this programme on behalf of FCDO and under its supervision.
The Receptionist, Fleet and Finance Assistant will be responsible for office transport, including driving to deliver items, respond to staff transport needs and management of the cars fleet.. He/she will also assume the role of receptionist when present in office, and will support the Finance and Operations Lead with finance and admin tasks around the office.
Roles and Responsibilities
Fleet and Logistics
- Maintain fleet documents, fuel cards and vehicle logs, including license and insurance expiry. Review the vehicles logbook and prepare fuel reconciliations. Carry out spot check is required to ensure trips are registered in the book
· Ensure provision of all necessary logistical and administrative support for meetings and activities – such as arranging venues for seminars or workshops, producing and distributing workshop materials, and arranging logistics for participants in coordination with workstream leads or DTL.
· Provide transport support to project staff, including taxis, airport transfers, and any hired vehicles.
· Manage any required hotel bookings and contracts.
- Ensure timely and prompt delivery and collection of mail from and to Tasdeer suppliers, vendors, partner organizations and other stakeholders once daily or as required.
Monthly financial management cycle
Under the supervision of the Finance and Operations Lead:
· Prepare payments, journal and deposit vouchers with accurate coding, completeness and authenticity and capture transactions/data into QuickBooks.
· Follow-up with staff on advance funds liquidation.
· Maintain proper filing of related financial documents, ensuring that all files are properly indexed with folio numbers and locked safely and ensure easy access and retrieval.
· Disbursement and reconciliation of petty cash.
· Twice weekly, photocopy/scan and label all financial documents, filing them electronically and sending them to HQ with the monthly financial report (prepared by the Finance and Operations Lead).
· Maintain an accurate database of finance files as directed by the Finance and Operations Lead.
· Perform reception functions, including receiving, directing and relaying telephone messages as well as directing visitors.
· Liaise with the IT Service Provider to manage staff IT support requests.
· Under the supervision of the Finance and Operations Lead manage office services such as cleaning, internet, security costs, office supplies and equipment.
- Monitor the use of supplies and stationery and procuring as needed.
- Coordinate the repair and maintenance of office equipment.
- Ensure that all assets appropriately tagged and recorded on the asset register (for review by the Finance and Operations Lead).
- Provide secretarial support (e.g. photocopying and scanning)
· Prepare Purchase Requisitions and support the updating of bid documents as directed by the Finance and Operations Lead.
· Maintain and update the vendor database (under the direction of the Finance and Operations Lead).
Assisting as directed by Finance and Operations Lead in general administrative, logistical, and other tasks for the office.
Jobs.ps, Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Interested applicants are kindly requested to submit their CVs with a cover letter clearly indicating the position name and explaining how they are qualified to fulfil the specified position requirements.
Complete applications must be sent by email at [email protected] no later than March 11,2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this project, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Cowater is Equal Opportunity Employer.