The use of this site is governed by the policies
The types of information we may obtain include:
• Personal Information provided by you (such as via a resume uploaded to our Site or a job application sent using our Site) or collected from third party sources as described below.
• Publically available data about you from third party sites and sources, including profiles created by you on other websites, or other information you have publicly shared for the purpose of advertising or informing others about your background.
• Username and password for the account you may establish on our Sites.
• Payment details when applicable (including payment card number, security code, expiration date, cardholder name and billing address) if you buy products on our Sites.
• Your demographic information (such as zip or postal code, occupation, education and experience, and if you choose to provide it, age, gender and race or ethnicity). We collect this information either through the registration process, from your resume or in the manner described below.
• Job search behavior and preferences, and a record of the searches that you make on our Sites.
• Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties.
• Technical information about your use of our sites or apps, as described below.
We may obtain information about you from various sources, including directly from you via our Sites, when you call or email us or communicate with us through any mean including social media, or when you participate in events, contests or other promotions. We also may obtain information about you from our parent, affiliate or subsidiary companies, business partners and other third parties, as well as from publicly available information.
Many people invest significant time and energy to promote their professional reputation through public forums on the Internet. We gather information relevant to your career history and work experience from these widely dispersed publicly available sources, including social media sites you may be part of, forming a “Profile.” We make this Profile available to independent and company-specific recruiters for recruitment leads in a database known as “Recruitment.” Although we may generate a Profile about you based on publicly available information even if you do not have a Jobs.ps account, we also will include the information that you provide to us via your Jobs.ps account. Use of these Profiles are limited to recruitment lead generation and may not be used for determinations about employment or other eligibility.
Jobs.ps may provide software applications (“Apps”) available to the public. If you decide to download one of our Apps, and if you authorize us to do so, we may collect your social media profile information, including your social network site user ID, work email address, name, city, state, social network site profile image URL, and employment history, including job titles and company names. You may be asked to enter this information directly, or we can automatically collect it by syncing to your social media profiles. We request this information so that we may automate completion of registration forms or job applications with information stored in your social media profile. In addition, when you visit our Sites or use our Apps, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons or as provided to the app by your device’s operating system, as described in more detail below. The information we may collect by automated means includes:
• Information about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type and other operating system support information).
• Pages and URLs that refer visitors to our Sites, also pages and URLs that visitors exit to once they leave our Sites.
• Dates and times of visits to our Sites.
• Information on actions taken on our Sites (such as page views, site navigation patterns and job view or application activity).
• A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses our Sites.
• Search terms that visitors use to reach our Sites.
The Information Available as Described Above
We may use the information we obtain about you as above in order to:
• Register, manage and maintain your account on the Sites.
• Provide products or services you request.
• Maintain your resume and/or Profile and make it available to recruiters through our products and services as described below in “Information We Share.”
• Supplement your Profile with publicly available information.
• Process, validate and deliver your purchases ( if any including by processing payment card transactions and contacting you about your orders, including by telephone).
• Maintain a record of the jobs you view or apply to on our Sites.
• Inform you of relevant job postings that may be of interest to you based on your interests as expressed previously through your job search behavior and preferences.
• Provide administrative notices or communications applicable to your use of the Sites.
• Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support.
• Contact you and deliver information to you that, in some cases, is targeted to your interests (such as relevant services, educational or other career development opportunities); enable you to communicate with us through our blogs, social networks and other interactive media; and solicit your feedback and input. These communications will contain links for preference management and, where appropriate, unsubscribe links should you decide you do not want to receive further communications.
• Manage your participation in our events and other promotions, where you have signed up for such events and promotions.
• Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer.
• Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails we have sent to you have been received and read).
• Analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our Sites, mobile applications and social media assets, and the jobs viewed or applied to on our Sites.
• Analyze trends and statistics about the job market and career mobility in local economies and nationally, and provide these analytics to customers of certain Jobs.ps products and services.
• Optimize our site search engine results and permit search engine access to public Profile information.
• Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users.
• Enforce our Sites’ Terms and Conditions.
• Comply with applicable legal requirements, court orders, legal proceedings, document requests, and industry standards and our policies.
We also use non-personally identifiable information and certain technical information about your computer and your access of the Sites (including your internet protocol address) in order to operate, maintain and manage the Sites. We collect this information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons, as described in more detail below.
If we seek to use the information we obtain about you in other ways, we will provide specific notice and request your consent at the time of collection.
Information We Share
We share the information that we collect from you or from third party sources with recruiters, educators and service providers.
All users should be aware that when they choose to display or distribute Personal Information (such as their email address or other contact information on a public resume) via the Sites or any other distribution method, that information can be collected and used by others. This may result in unsolicited messages from third parties.
We also may share Personal Information with our service providers who help us in the delivery of our own products and services to you. These service providers may only use or disclose the information as necessary to perform services on our behalf or as otherwise required by law.
Jobs.ps also may disclose specific user information when we determine, in good faith, that such disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, to cooperate with or seek assistance from law enforcement, to prevent a crime or protect national security, or to protect the interests or safety of Jobs.ps or other users of the Sites.
In addition, Personal Information we have collected may be passed on to a third party in the event of a transfer of ownership or assets or a bankruptcy or other corporate reorganization of Jobs.ps.
We may combine certain non-personally identifiable Aggregate Data, or otherwise anonymized or de-identified data about our users and use such data to prepare reports for our users (typically recruiters or educators). “Aggregate Data” is the demographic information (such as zip code, age, gender, race or ethnicity) and employment information (such as occupation, education and experience) of many individuals that is combined together. Aggregate Data is used to analyze the characteristics of various populations and does not identify any specific individuals. We may also use and share anonymized or de-identified data to track trends in the labor market as well as use of our products and services. Some Aggregate Data analytics reports can be used to better understand individual Profiles. For example, our Recruitment product provides aggregate data trends on the longevity of specific career positions to allow recruiters to identify Profiles of individuals who may be more likely to be interested in making a career move.
We also use third party analytics services to help better understand the use of our sites, which is further described in the Cookies section below.
Privacy Options for Resume Database
Posting your resume on the Sites may put you in front of hundreds of recruiters with open positions each day. When you post your resume, we automatically create a registration for you using the email address and password that you supply. When you return to the Sites in the future you will use that same email address and password to access and edit your existing resume.
About Cookies, Tracking Choices, and Third Party Advertisers
We use third-party advertising companies who may place or access cookies on your computer hard drive to distinguish your web browser uniquely and to keep track of information relating to serving ads on your web browser, such as the type of ads shown and the webs pages on which the ads appeared.
These companies may use information about your visits to these Sites and to other sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you on our Sites or on other, third party, sites. We also may give third party advertisers the ability to tailor their advertisements on our Sites using demographic and preference information we provide to them in aggregate form. This information does not identify you individually.
These companies operate under their own privacy policies and Jobs.ps encourages you to be aware of the privacy policies of such companies.
Jobs.ps does not have control over or access to any information contained in the cookies that are set on your computer by third party advertisers.
In addition, some of the recruiters that use our Sites may place cookies on your computer through their job postings and may use such cookies to distinguish your web browser uniquely. Often, recruiters use such information to track the effectiveness of their job postings by measuring how many users who view their postings later became job applicants..
Links to Other Websites
Our Sites may contain links to other sites for your convenience and information. These sites may be operated by companies not owned by Jobs.ps. These other sites or linked third-party sites may have their own privacy notices, which you should review if you visit those sites. We are not responsible for the content of any sites not owned by Jobs.ps, any use of those sites, or those sites’ privacy practices.
International Data Transfers
When we obtain Personal Information about you, we may process and store the information outside of the country in which you are located. The countries in which we process the information may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you are located. Further, users who access your information also may be located in a different country than you and different laws may apply to their use of your information.
How We Protect Personal Information
Jobs.ps maintains administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to assist us in protecting the Personal Information we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Please note that no electronic transmission, storage or processing of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard Personal Information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective. Therefore, although we are committed to protecting your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your Personal Information will always remain private or secure. As a user of the Sites, you understand and agree that you assume all responsibility and risk for your use of the Sites, the internet generally, and the documents you post or access and for your conduct on and off the Sites.
To further protect yourself, you should safeguard your Jobs.ps account user name and password and not share that information with anyone. You should also sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit to our Sites. Please note that we will never ask for your Jobs.ps account user name or password via email.
Some Important Tips To Use When Dealing With Recruiters
• You should use your own careful judgment about whether and what information to provide to recruiters.
• DO NOT PUT SENSITIVE INFORMATION ON YOUR RESUME.
• Jobs.ps’s Sites are open to the public, and we cannot guarantee that all users of our services have a legitimate need to the information they seek.
• Do not provide your national identification number or any state, provincial or other local identification number to any third party via online application. Identity thieves may attempt to trick you into providing sensitive information. Do not provide any non-work related personal information (i.e., your social security number or any other state or national identification number, eye color, marital status, etc.) over the phone or online.
• Job seekers should never provide credit card or bank numbers or engage in a monetary transaction of any sort.
• Be cautious when dealing with contacts outside of your own country.