Organization: Rural Women’s Development Society (RWDS)
Location: Based in Gaza
Project: “Providing Gazan Farmers Solar Alternatives to Operate Irrigation Wells and Pumping System ”
Duration: 6 months
CONTEXT OF THE POSITION:
Rural Women’s Development Society (RWDS) is a Palestinian non-governmental organization working in the occupied West Bank and Gaza Strip. RWDS was founded in 1987 and registered within the PA.
RWDS’s mission is to create a women’s movement within the Palestinian rural areas that is capable of claiming and developing women’s social, economic and political rights. Since its establishment, RWDS has supported the creation of more than 60 women’s clubs in various areas in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, reaching out to more than 3000 women.
OBJECTIVE OF THE MANDATE:
RWDS is currently looking for a Project Coordinator to handle the implementation of the project titled “Providing Gazan Farmers Solar Alternatives to Operate Irrigation Wells and Pumping System” in the Gaza Strip, funded by The UNITED NATIONS office for the Coordinator of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) .
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the overall implementation of the project activities.
- Responsible for all project administrative, financial and technical tasks and follow up
- Ensure that all project activities are implemented in a timely manner and according to the agreed upon project log frame and work plan and in compliance with OCHA’s s rules and regulations.
- Plan and supervise regular field visits to ensure proper implementation of the activities on the ground.
- Work on the establishment of a steering committee for the project in coordination with RWDS team to include members from the three targeted local municipalities and women cooperatives.
- Organize monthly meetings for the steering committee and record minutes of meetings and actions for follow up.
- Prepare all project documents and forms such as beneficiary application forms, selection criteria, MOUs with the beneficiaries, TORs for the solar panel service provider and all other related documents in coordination with the project steering committee and RWDS management.
- Carry out field visits to the initially selected beneficiaries to verify the information provided in the applications and ensure compliance with the selection criteria.
- Supervise the supply and installation of the solar panels and ensure compliance with the agreed upon specifications and requirements and within OCHA’s procurement procedures
- Prepare all periodic financial and narrative reports as requested by OCHA and RWDS and submit to RWDS Monitoring Specialist.
- Document all activities of the project and maintain an efficient filing system including all project-related technical and financial documents
- Document all project findings, outcomes and recommendations to help RWDS in its future project development planning.
- Perform any other tasks as requested by RWDS Monitoring Specialist and General Manager
- Academic and Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Water Management, agricultural engineering, civil engineering or other related field.
- At least five years of professional experience in project management, preferably with experience in working within the NGO context specialized in agriculture.
- Proven experience in working with water resources management and solar panel installation and management.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Excellent formal and report-writing skills in both English and Arabic.
- Proven ability to handle multiple assignments and meet the required deadlines.
- Advanced computer literacy.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and within a team.
If you are interested to apply for this position, please send your CV, along 3 references, and a cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications for this position, by email to
no later than September 15th, 2017.
Please indicate the position title (Project Coordinator ) in the email subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. This is an equal opportunity position, and qualified women and youth are strongly encouraged to apply.