War Child is an independent and impartial international non-governmental child rights organization investing in a peaceful future for children and young people affected by armed conflict. With a focus on child protection, mental health and psychosocial support, we strive to empower children and young people, while enabling adults to bring about positive and lasting change in the lives of conflict affected children and young people. War Child has been working in the oPt since 2004, and has offices in Jerusalem, the Jordan Valley, Hebron and in Gaza.
War Child seeks a Consortium Coordinator for an anticipated Women, Peace and Security project: “Palestinian Women and Girls Lead and Engage on Women Peace and Security in oPt,” funded by the government of the Netherlands. This five-year project will be led by a consortium of War Child, the Palestinian Initiative for the Promotion of Global Dialogue and Democracy-MIFTAH, Women's Centre for Legal Aid and Counseling (WCLAC), and Oxfam in oPt, and intends to contribute to an enabling environment for women and girls to claim their rights as active agents through enhanced protection, increased participation, and enhanced accountability by duty bearers towards the Palestinian national priorities of the WPS agenda and 1325 NAP.
Under the supervision of the Head of Programs, the Consortium Coordinator will be responsible for the overall management of the project and delivery of commitments, effective coordination between the consortium members, provide technical guidance to project activities when needed, and represent the project and Consortium externally. The Coordinator will also make strategic linkages between local, national and international influencing opportunities.
Position in the organisation
Reports to: Head of Programs
Directly reporting to this post: 2 Technical Officers (1 in West Bank and 1 in Gaza)
Essential functional relations: MEAL Specialist, Finance Officer, WCH Operations department; WPS Project Management Unit (PMU), project partners and Steering Committee
Key Result Areas:
Project Management and Implementation
- Responsible for the overall management and implementation of the project, including risk assessment and management, and leads the coordination between consortium partners on a day-to-day basis
- Leads delivery of the overall Project Theory of Change commitments in line with plans and activities, and within an adaptive management approach that responds to the needs of project participants
- Responsible for budget management to ensure financial accountability and accurate financial reporting by consortium partners and to donors; Works with the consortium finance officer to ensure that the project stays as per designed budget and that consortium partner finance teams understand the WCH finance requirements.
- Ensures compliance with donor and War Child rules and regulations in all areas including financial management, record keeping and procurement, in coordination with the Operations Department
- Oversees the monitoring and evaluation of the overall project, with support of the MEAL Specialist. Monitors program activities and results achievement status measured against the approved results framework, work plan and budget forecast. Thinks along with the MEAL Specialist in terms of what (additional) MEAL methodologies could be used during the project to best show its impact. Provides feedback to the consortium to determine programmatic changes in response to results of monitoring and evaluation;
- Supports internal knowledge exchange around Programme learning to generate continual improvement of support, results and learning
- Collects and consolidates progress, intermediate and final narrative and financial reports for submission to the donor
- Convenes quarterly PMU meetings, providing strong strategic direction for the partnership and a clear articulation of the Project’s vision and purpose; serves as secretariat for the Steering Committee
- Overseas the consortium’s communication activities including production of media tools
- Conducts site visits to monitor progress and support Consortium partners as needed.
- Represents the Project effectively to the donor and Steering Committee
- Undertakes other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Head of Programs or Country Director.
- Actively promotes the Integrity Framework and Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) standards within War Child, the consortium and amongst its participants.
- Manages, supports, coaches and builds competency of staff;
- Conducts performance appraisals of direct staff as per the War Child Performance & Development system;
- Identifies needs and designs capacity-building programme for partners and project staff particularly around adherence to safeguarding policies.
- Provides ongoing technical guidance, training and support to partner organizations and staff members as relevant. Identifies needs and designs capacity-building programme for partners and project staff particularly around adherence to child safeguarding policies. Where appropriate enlist external expertise.
Networking / coordination/representation/strategic influencing
- Represents the Consortium in donor meetings and coordination platforms, giving adequate feedback to consortium members.
- Proactively develops, coordinates and maintains productive relationships with project stakeholders, in coordination with the Head of Programs
- Ensures proactive coordination in the field to ensure complementarity and avoid duplication and fragmentation
- Identifies strategic programme opportunities, approaches and modalities for strengthening women, peace and security programming, in close collaboration with Consortium partners and the Head of Programs.
- Identifies and follows up on strategic influencing opportunities, whether directly related to the target areas of the project or to linking various local, national and international influencing trajectories.
- Ensures the visibility of the project and activities with relevant national and international audiences.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Knowledge and Experience
- Relevant academic degree in gender/women’s studies, child protection and rights, human rights, security studies, political or social sciences or a related field is required
- Minimum 5 years of relevant employment experience in consortium project management, including project planning, implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting
- Demonstrated experience in effectively coordinating with multiple partners and stakeholders, including government agencies and donors
- Experience in managing projects focused on women, peace and security, women/gender justice, gender equality, participation, SGBV prevention and response for women and girls preferred
- Strong technical experience in the area of Women, Peace and Security preferred
- Demonstrated strong track record of influencing and campaigning preferred
- Experience providing technical assistance to project staff, and national and government partners on women, peace, and security, gender justice, participation, and child protection.
- Demonstrated experience in collecting, integrating, and disseminating learnings
- Previous experience with community-based programming preferred;
- Demonstrated experience in leading/managing a team;
- Good understanding of the Palestinian context
Skills and Competencies
- Strong communication skills;
- Fluency in Arabic and English;
- Strong spoken and written English skills, including demonstrated reporting ability;
- Demonstrated people management skills;
- Demonstrated financial management skills;
- Cultural sensitivity;
- Attention to detail with strong follow up;
- Team oriented, with ability to work efficiently independently;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - word processing, spread sheets, etc.
المسمى الوظيفي WPS Consortium Coordinator
آخر موعد للتقديم 13 - Jan - 2021
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 5 Years
“Commitment to the vision and goals of War Child Holland in oPt, including adherence to the Child Safeguarding Policy, is essential”
To apply please send your one page letter of motivation and CV to [email protected] by January 13th , 2021 citing WPS Consortium Coordinator in the subject line.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة War Child Holland منظمة أطفال الحرب الهولندية
Women Peace and Security Consortium Coordinator
22, Nov, 2020
18, Nov, 2020
Psychosocial Support Technical Officer - South
20, Oct, 2020
Psychosocial Support Technical Officer - North
20, Oct, 2020
Accountant and Operations Assistant
4, Apr, 2020
30, Jan, 2020
10, Aug, 2019
Project Officer - Education
10, Aug, 2019