Project Manager West Bank
Job description Vacancy
Handicap International is an international organisation specialised in the field of disability. Non-governmental, non-religious, non-political and non-profit making, it works alongside people with disabilities, whatever the context, offering them assistance and supporting them in their efforts to become self-reliant. Since its creation, the organisation has set up programmes in approximately 60 countries and intervened in many emergency situations
Applicants should submit:
- Cover letter with background of the applicant on previous similar position / experience;
Start date and duration of assignment:
The Project Manager should start As soon as possible, for a 3 years period. Possibility of extension
Upon internal salary scale.
Address for submission:
Please send submission and requested documents before the March 26th 2010 to:
Ligneau David, Head of mission, [email protected]
Administrator officer [email protected]
Women and/or Person with Disability are strongly encourage to apply
Find below the Job description for this position.
HI has been operating in Palestine since 1996 and has developed relationship with several disability stakeholders.According to the Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics there are around 3,9 million Palestinian living in the OPT (3,5 million in West Bank and 1,4 million in Gaza strip), 43% of them below 15 years of age. According to general estimations by WHO, between 7-10% of a given population would have some kind of disability; in the Palestinian Territories, this implies that the figure would be around 270 000 – 390 000 people. The last census in 1997 gives a figure of 1,9%. This percentage is certainly a low estimation since the last census was implemented before the second Intifada, which has resulted in thousands of people attaining permanent disabilities.
Regular assessments are done in order to identify needs of PWDs in OPT. The findings of the last assessment are described below:
- Lack of information of PwDs on services available and how to access it
- Lack of quality and appropriate assistive devices.
- Low quality of rehabilitation services not addressing the users' needs
- Limited accessibility to rehabilitation services for Pwds:
- Increased number of PwD and deterioration of the socio-economical situation in the OPT:
Specific Objective: Persons with disabilities can access to holistic physical rehabilitation services in the West Bank
- Expected result 1 : The physical rehabilitation centres operating in the West Bank deliver holistic services.
- Expected result 2 : PwDs are able to obtain a diverse range of adapted to their specific needs and affordable assistive device (AD's)
- Expected result 3 : Accessible transportation options facilitate PWDs' access to rehabilitation services
- Expected result 4 : PWDs, their families and all relevant stakeholders have information about the existing rehabilitation services
West Bank Handicap International
Head of mission
Ensure the implementation of activities and participate in the design of new projects.
Main internal interfaces
Head of Mission
Technical resources unit
Technical Advisor – West bank
Project Officer – West bank
Local administration teams (administration officers, logisticians…)
Main external interfaces
Other non-governmental organisations, INGO
HI has been operating in Palestine since 1996 and has developed relationship with several disability stakeholders.
1. Implementation of a four years project in the West Bank:
Under the supervision and responsibility of the Head of Mission:
11. Project management
Lead, supervise and ensure the project implementation:
Launch of project and regular planning
· Plan the different stages and tasks involved in realizing this project and draw up a project action plan. (P&M)
· Determine the methodology to be used in the project implementation with the support of the Program Development Support (PDS) and Knowledge Management and Technical Resource (KMTR).
· Ensure representation towards partners.
Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation
· To set up monitoring system and tools and ensure the continuous monitoring of the activities of the project
· Co-ordinate between all the project’s internal and external interfaces
· Prepare the evaluation phases and implement any recommendations resulting from the evaluations carried out.
· Update and/or confirm identification of implementing partners based on project planning with the support of the Technical Advisor.
· Define jointly with partner roles and responsibilities of HI and partners within the project, proposed and finalized (when validated) the partnership agreements.
· Set up a co-ordination mechanism between the partners.
· Communicate on the project’s activities with all of the partners.
Internal and external reporting
· Submit monthly project activity report (activity and internal budget follow up) to the Head of Mission based on P&M tool.
· Write the activity reports related to the project according to donors schedule and requirements and submit to the Head of Mission.
12. Team management
· Proposed team job description and recruit a project team with HoM validation
· Assess project needs in term internal and external human resources and propose accordingly to HoM
· Manage the project's team
· Develop with the team members Individual Action Plan and update it every 6 months
· Job evaluation of HI project team once a year and mid term evaluation every 6 months.
· To inform the different team members about program orientations
· Adopt security procedures for the project in accordance with HI security guidelines
13. Project quality
In collaboration with the KMTR and PDS in HI-ME
· Ensure that activities are implemented in accordance with technical framework defined and validated by KMTR.
· Ensure the project’s quality in terms of realization and impact.
· Identify any technical, methodological or documentary resources or additional skills for guaranteeing the quality of the project.
· Participate in analyzing lessons learned on the association's experience gained on the projects and activities.
14. Administrative, budget and financial management
· Propose any contracting procedures necessary for the project’s implementation. Manage the project’s financial, logistical and material resources.
· Ensure a correct follow-up of the administrative and logistic aspects of the project
· Monitor the project budget and follow-up the expenses
2. Other tasks required
· Identify and design new project(s) in collaboration with the Head of Mission
· Participate to the design of future projects.
· Develop network among disability stakeholders
· Contribute to have better knowledge and understanding on disability in the West bank through regular need assessment, stakeholders mapping, and regular update to HoM
· Provide all the information necessary for and participate in the process of drawing up the annual strategy and/or the budget estimates for the sector or the programme.
· Represent Handicap International in the West Bank in collaboration with the Head of Mission
4. Capacities required
41. Knowledge required
· Level of education : master degree
· High level of spoken and written English
· At least 5 years of experience in project management
· Experience in human resources management
· General understanding of disability issues (a technical advisor will take charge of specific aspects of the project)
· Capacity to formalize tools and procedures
· Humanitarian motivation
· Experience of working with multi-cultural and/or pluri-disciplinary teams
42. Skills required
· Flexibility, ability to take initiative and make decision
· Good Organizational skills
· Excellent communication skills
· High Level Written and verbal skills
· Ability to work in a team
· Group leadership
· Training skills
· Sensitivity to cultural and gender issues
· Persuasion/capacity to convince
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
المسمى الوظيفي West Bank Project Manager
آخر موعد للتقديم 10 - Mar - 2018
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الراتب Upon internal salary scale
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة No Experience
التصنيف الطب والتمريض والصحة العامة
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة Humanity & Inclusion Palestine
Human Resources/ Administrative Manager
Consultancy Assignment / Architect
رام الله والبيرة
Rehabilitation Technical Assistant
13, Aug, 2018
Education Technical Officer
رام الله والبيرة
8, Jul, 2018
Field & Database Assistant
6, Jul, 2018
Rehabilitation Technical Assistant
6, Jul, 2018
رام الله والبيرة
18, Jun, 2018