I. Background on ACTED
ACTED is an international NGO registered in France. ACTED’s vocation is to support vulnerable populations affected by wars, natural disasters and/or economic and social crises, and to accompany them in building a better future. ACTED started its activities in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt) in May 2007. ACTED is currently implementing projects covering multiple humanitarian / development sectors, funded by of a variety of international donors, which aim at protecting vulnerable households and strengthening civil society actors across the oPt. ACTED oPt offers a dynamic, rigorous and knowledge-orientated working environment.
In the occupied Palestinian territory, ACTED is both committed to humanitarian assistance and long-term development. ACTED strives to strengthen the economic capacities of cooperatives in rural areas, consolidate civil society organisations, and provide emergency assistance to the most vulnerable, rural communities in the West Bank, East Jerusalem and Gaza. ACTED currently seeks a WASH team leader for its WASH and shelter projects in Gaza.
- Serve as ACTED project manager on all WASH project activities.
- Serve as the technical lead on all WASH project activities
- Provide technical oversight and coordination of all WASH related components of the project
- Supervise and guide project implementation.
- Lead the development of project work plans, ensuring that targets are met and project outcomes are achieved.
- Responsible for preparing and updating the Project Monthly Follow Up (PMF) in monthly basis.
- Lead the design, oversight, and monitoring of project hygiene and sanitation activities.
- Collaborate with other ongoing projects in the Gaza Strip to ensure effective coordination of the project activities.
- Contribute detailed and accurate written inputs to fulfill project technical reporting requirements.
- Coordinate with partners, government agencies, international and local NGOs on project activities as needed.
- Coordinates with Logistics, Finance, and AME departments as needed.
- Submits regular and ad-hoc reports on time to project development department and Area Coordinator as directed.
- Participate in relevant coordination meeting to present project activities (e.g. WASH Cluster), ensure coordination with other projects, and assure highest quality of project implementation
- Collaborate effectively with ACTED staff, partners, and stakeholders
- Ensure gender and protection mainstreaming in all ACTED activities.
- Visit the field regularly in order to oversee project implementation
- Adhere to deadlines
- Perform other duties as requested by Gaza Area Coordinator
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and Skills:
- University degree in Civil Engineering , environmental engineering or any related field associated with water supply, sanitation and hygiene behavior change.
- At least 4 years of extensive experience in WASH field, including emergencies with focus on Sanitation & hygiene activities with managerial experience.
- Proven work experience with NGOs / INGOs
- WASH technical knowledge and experience
- Good understanding of the WASH situation in the Gaza Strip
- Ability to work in a team, under pressure, ability to take initiative, make decisions, monitor and evaluate.
- Capable in planning and problem solving.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments & meet deadlines with willingness to travel to the field independently
- Professional attitude, good social skills, and ability to work in a team.
- Accurate, reliable, open-minded, and a positive attitude.
- Willingness to improve skills and knowledge.
- Valid Driving license with clean record is compulsory.
- Fluency in written & spoken English/ Arabic with technical report writing
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter, CV, and three references (in English) no later than 07/09/2019 to: [email protected] indicating the position (WASH Team Leader) in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and written exam.