The Palestinian Agricultural Relief Committees (PARC) is planning to implement aims at Enhancing Gaza farmers’ livelihood resilience against water quality deterioration, and inaccessibility to water in different locations around Gaza. The project is expected to be funded by BMZ through Bread for the World. The project will be implemented in partnership with Diakonie Katasterophenhilfe.
PARC is seeking qualified candidates to assume the following:
position: Technical Coordinator
Location: Gaza City,
Period: 12 Months
Salary: The salary is competitive and commensurate with the qualifications
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop high quality tender documents for rainwater harvesting and agricultural roads establishment. And assist all over the tendering process.
- Assisted by two field agronomists, supervising and site engineering the construction of the rainwater harvesting and its accessories including the civil and mechanical works as per the tender documents, designs, BoQ, and contract signed with the contractor. Moreover, supervising and site engineering the establishment of agricultural roads tender documents, designs, BoQ, and contract signed with the contractor
- Developing reasonable work plans for contractors to implement construction activities in a timely manner towards timely accomplishment of the project activities.
- Leading the technical liaison with the contractor/s constructing the rainwater harvesting ponds and the agricultural roads in the various locations.
- Ensuing that contractors comply with the safety procedures specified in the tender documents.
- Ensuring proper handover of the constructed units to PARC and then the end owners.
- Assisting the Project Manager in assuring the implementation of the different components of the project in a timely manner.
- Assisting the Project Manager in assuring proper and accurate reporting both programmatically and financially.
- Perform any other tasks deemed needed by the Project Manager in connection to the project activities.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Relevant university degree; Bachelor Civil/Water/Sanitary Engineering. Preferably Masters in Water/Sanitary Engineering
- More than three years of experience supervising structural project especially water/wastewater projects especially preferably in agricultural context.
- Experience with AutoCAD required, experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D preferred.
- Good reporting and communication skills in Arabic
- Good reporting and communication skills in English is preferred
- Being Organized, paying attention to details and able to work independently.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize workload and multi-task.
- Women are encouraged to apply
Only applicants who have the required qualities, experience, and skills will be considered. Interested applicants must include (a) A resume (in English) and (b) a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English).
Please submit your application by website: https://pal-arc.org/vacancies/ar to the attention of the HR Department no later than 17th December 2022 and include the job title (Technical Coordinator) in the subject line and cover letter.
Applications received after this date or that do not meet the qualifications above will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.