Chemonics International, a leading international organization based in Washington, D.C., seeks a Tax and Finance Specialist for the anticipated USAID-funded Facilitating Access for Sustainable Trade, Revenue Mobilization, and Commerce (FASTRAC) project in the West Bank and Gaza. The project aims to reduce the burden of trade-related restrictions, transaction costs, and policy and institutional weaknesses to increase private sector-led economic growth. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
The Tax and Finance Specialist will:
- Work closely and establish relationships with all relevant stakeholders including but not limited to the Ministry of Finance and tax offices;
- Assist in the identification, implementation and evaluation of administrative policies and procedures associated with FASTRAC work plan objectives;
- Assist with monitoring and evaluation of approved recommendation implementations;
- Assist in identifying, implementing and evaluating risk management strategies, practices and procedures;
- Contribute to simplifications of business process and procedures in tax registration, filing and payments.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, business, or another relevant field required, or equivalent experience. Master’s degree in a relevant field preferred;
- Five or more years of tax administration experience required;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Fluency in English highly desired.
Please submit an electronic submission of your CV and cover letter to [email protected] by Wednesday, April 18, 2018 5pm. Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.