Position: Senior Logistics Officer
Contract duration: 1 year Renewable
Starting Date 18th August , 2019
I. Background on ACTED
ACTED is an international NGO registered in France. ACTED’s vocation is to support vulnerable populations affected by wars, natural disasters and/or economic and social crises, and to accompany them in building a better future. ACTED started its activities in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt) in May 2007. ACTED is currently implementing projects covering multiple humanitarian / development sectors, funded by of a variety of international donors, which aim at protecting vulnerable households and strengthening civil society actors across the oPt. ACTED oPt offers a dynamic, rigorous and knowledge-orientated working environment.
- Country Profile
In the occupied Palestinian territory, ACTED is both committed to humanitarian assistance and long-term development. ACTED strives to strengthen the economic capacities of cooperatives in rural areas, consolidate civil society organisations, and provide emergency assistance to the most vulnerable, rural communities in the West Bank and Gaza.
III. Position Profile
Under the supervision of the country director, the senior logistics officer is responsible for ACTED Logistics (procurement management, assets and stock management, Fuel and fleet management, IT & communication management, outsourced security management and facilitating all operations).
- Procurement Planning & Supply Chain Management (All bases)
- Responsible for project and office procurement: planning, implementation and follow up;
- Ensure adequate and timely supply chain process, in line with project deadlines, if any;
- Fully in charge of managing the local procurement of the mission capital and bases: in-charge of overall compliance with ACTED policies, validation of purchases/services, follow-up and supervision of computerized tracking of all purchases.
- International procurement: account for overall compliance with procedures – liaison with ACTED HQ for the mission capital and base/s.
- Responsible for overseeing the preparation of Order Forms, Purchase Orders and all follow-up documents
- Reinforce current procedures and the quality of ACTED internal control, based on international best practices, donor requirements and results of internal and external audits;
- Keep all procurement and supply chain stakeholders informed of all processes, changes, updates and decisions relevant to ACTED & Third party engagement in order to ensure smooth cooperation and ACTED’s transparency.
- Manage and overseeing the presentation, circulation, filing and archiving of procurement documents;
- Assets, Property and Stock Management & Monitoring (All bases)
- Ensure compliance with ACTED assets, property and stock management procedures;
- Supervise computerized tracking of all deliveries;
- Share all relevant assets, property and stock information with relevant ACTED managers/officers;
- Management of the IN & OUT processes in the framework of projects implementation and ensuring reception of merchandise and oversee the customs procedures for imported goods;
- Visit ACTED bases regularly in order to ensure assets, property and stock are monitored first hand.
- Fleet Management and Transportation arrangements (All bases)
- Ensure proper utilization, maintenance and follow up of ACTED fleet, including control of fuel and repair costs (in line with ACTED procedures). Work towards improving ACTED’s fleet quality and cost efficiency;
- Ensure delivery of all program and support purchases from source to delivery location in a timely manner, respecting donor/partner deadlines, if any;
- Manage delivery of ACTED stock and supplies to appropriate warehouses accordingly;
- Responsible for control and consolidation of Monthly Fuel Consumption report and Motorized Assets Follow-up;
- Responsible for tracking the log book and all other fleet and transportation related documents;
- Safety and Security of ACTED personnel in liaison with ACTED Security Advisor
- Liaise with ACTED Security Advisor to ensure high safety and security standards are taken in consideration;
- Adhere to best security information available and in consultation with ACTED Security Advisor when making any movement decisions;
- Coordinate with security advisor to obtain his contribution of the monthly security report.
- Information Technology set up and maintenance and communications
- Responsible for functional communication systems in all ACTED bases (including telecommunication and internet services);
- Liaising with the IT external service provider to obtain good and on time technical IT technical support service.
- Responsible for control and consolidation of Monthly Communication Report;
- Evaluate IT system/s and recommend appropriate technologies solutions;
- Ensure internet phone & power connections in all offices/bases;
- Supervision and capacity building of Logistics Staff
- Overseeing compliance towards all ACTED logistics procedures by other members of Logistics Department; raise concerns when needed;
- Should build the capacity of fellow department members; train staff to be able to substitute in time of leave;
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or any other related field
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in similar position from respectable NGOs,other non-profit organizations or private sector.
- Minimum of 3 years of team management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, proven track record working with Palestinian suppliers .
- Strong ability to work independently, organize work, meet deadlines.
- Professional attitude, excellentcommuncation, creative and flexible with ability to work in a team.
- Excellent spoken and written English and Arabic language skills.
- Professional knowledge of Microsoft office package
- Valid Driving Lisence.
المسمى الوظيفي Senior Logistics Officer
آخر موعد للتقديم 24 - Jul - 2019
المكان رام الله والبيرة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 5 Years
التصنيف المحاسبة والعلوم المالية
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter, CV, and three references (in English) no later than 24/07/2019 to: [email protected] indicating the position (Senior Logistics Officer) in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة ACTED NGO
Appraisal, Monitoring and Evaluation (AME) Officer
Individual Consultant: Simulation Exercise
Committee Member /Multimedia and media Production, Architect
قطاع غزة, رام الله والبيرة
Technical WASH Officer
WASH Team Leader
القدس, رام الله والبيرة
Appraisal, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
رام الله والبيرة, الخليل