American company Tetra Tech DPK is implementing the Justice Sector Assistance Project (JSAP) IV under a contract funded by the U.S. State Department’s Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL). JSAP IV is a five-year project (one base year and four option years) that began in August 2014. JSAP IV provides support across the West Bank to the Public Prosecution Offices (PPOs), Palestinian Civil Police (PCP), the Security Forces Justice Commission (SFJC), and the Preventive Security Organization (PSO).
JSAP IV aims to hire a qualified candidate for the following position:
Senior Lead Software Developer
The Senior Lead Software Developer will serve as a member of a development team, working on a very large and complex business solution and participate in designing scalable, reliable, secure, maintainable, extendable, and adaptable applications towards developing robust and reusable components. The Senior Lead Developer must be a team player and have strong web application development skills, troubleshooting capability and self-starting qualities that require minimal supervision as well as an ability to lead other team members and/or take ownership of projects.
- Be involved in all aspects of development, including designing, coding, writing test cases and documenting components of the architecture using Java / JEE, and XML-based technologies.
- Write high-level and detailed design documentation; design object-oriented diagrams.
- Gather and understand stakeholder requirements and overall product architecture.
- Create proof of concepts (PoCs) to validate design assumptions.
- Analyze complex system logic in order to prepare or refine technical specifications.
- Recommend and implement policies and standards and ensures adherence to security procedures.
- Work with other team members with ability to lead and coach when required.
- Provide assistance to testers as needed to determine system problems.
- Responding promptly and professionally to bug reports.
- A degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field
- 4+ years’ working experience of components development using Java & JEE.
- 4+ years’ experience designing and implementing Web Services (SOAP, WSDL, and HTTP Invoker).
- 4+ years’ experience of OOA/OOD and knowledge in design patterns.
- 4+ years’ experience providing solutions for complex multi-components systems using Java & JEE technologies.
- 4+ years’ experience of SQL & Relational DBMS (PostgreSQL is preferred).
- 4+ years’ experience of Object Relational Mapping (ORM), mainly Hibernate Framework.
- Solid Experience in the Model View Controller (MVC), Spring Security, Grails Framework, Groovy, XML, and XML Schemas.
- Solid Experience in revision control systems (mainly Git), FTP, SFTP, and SSH.
- Solid Experience in Java based hosting environment setup (JRE, Tomcat multi-instances, Apache LB…).
- Solid Experience in Linux based O.S. and shell scripting (administration skills is preferred).
- In depth experience of Web standards, HTML / HTML5, CSS3, responsive design, and full stack applications’ development.
- Bootstrap 3.X experience is recommended.
Other Desired Qualities
- Excellent Arabic/English communication skills (written and oral).
- Ability to work within teams and share ideas effectively.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines/successful completion of deliverables with high level of work quality.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Analytical, thorough, resourceful and detail-oriented.
- Self-motivated, hardworking, flexible, and proactive.
- Have a "whatever it takes" attitude.
- Strong problem-solving.
Other Preferred Qualities
- Knowledge of Enterprise Service Bus (ESB).
- Interoperability design is a major plus.
- Familiar with Agile Scrum and software lifecycle.
NOTE: To apply for this position, please send the following items to the below-listed email address:
- electronic copy of your CV
Applications should be submitted no later than Sunday, March 18, 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. JSAP is an equal opportunity employer.
Fax: (02) 297-2230
No phone calls, please. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.