American company Tetra Tech DPK is implementing the Justice Sector Assistance Project (JSAP) IV under a contract funded by the U.S. State Department’s Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL). JSAP IV is a five-year project (one base year and four option years) that began in August 2014. JSAP IV provides support across the West Bank to the Public Prosecution Offices (PPOs), Palestinian Civil Police (PCP), the Security Forces Justice Commission (SFJC), and the Preventive Security Organization (PSO).
JSAP IV aims to hire a qualified candidate for the following position:
Junior Java Developer
The Junior Java/JEE Developer will serve as a member of a development team, working on a very large and complex business solution and participate in designing scalable, reliable, secure, maintainable, extendable, and adaptable applications towards developing robust and reusable components. The Junior Java/JEE Developer must be a team player and have strong web application development skills, troubleshooting capability and self-starting qualities.
- Be involved in all aspects of development, including designing, coding, writing test cases and documenting components of the architecture using Java / JEE, and XML-based technologies.
- Write high-level and detailed design documentation; design object-oriented diagrams using UML.
- Gather, understand, and document stakeholder requirements.
- Analyze system logic in order to prepare or refine technical specifications.
- Implement policies and standards and ensures adherence to security procedures.
- Provide assistance to testers as needed to determine system problems.
- Responding promptly and professionally to bug reports.
- A degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field
- 2+ years’ working experience of components development using Java & JEE.
- In depth knowledge of the JEE Specification including: Tomcat, Servlets, JDBC…etc.
- 2+ years’ experience of designing Web services (SOAP, WSDL, and HTTP Invoker).
- 2+ years’ experience of OOA/OOD and knowledge of design patterns.
- 2+ years’ experience providing solutions for complex multi-components systems using Java & JEE technologies.
- 2+ years’ experience of SQL & Relational DBMS (Oracle/PostgreSQL/MySQL).
- 2+ years’ experience of Object Relational Mapping (ORM), mainly Hibernate Framework.
- 2+ years’ experience of Web standards, HTTP, HTTPS, HTML / HTML5, CSS3, and responsive design.
- Experience in Java Spring Model View Controller (MVC) Framework, Spring Security, Grails Framework, XML, and XML Schemas.
- Experience in revision control systems (mainly Git), FTP, SFTP, and SSH.
- Bootstrap 3.X experience is recommended.
Other Desired Qualities
- Excellent Arabic/English communication skills (written and oral).
- Ability to work within teams and share ideas effectively.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines/successful completion of deliverables with high level of work quality.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Analytical, thorough, resourceful and detail-oriented.
- Self-motivated, hardworking, flexible, and proactive.
- Have a "whatever it takes" attitude.
- Strong problem-solving.
Other Preferred Qualities
- Knowledge of Enterprise Service Bus (ESB).
- 2+ years of real working experience in a similar position(s).
- Familiar with Agile Scrum and software lifecycle.
- Experience with applications testing, performance testing, and tuning.
- Experience with Linux application development environment.
NOTE: To apply for this position, please send the following items to the below-listed email address:
- electronic copy of your university degree certificate
- electronic copy of your CV
Applications should be submitted no later than 4:00PM on Sunday, April 22. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. JSAP is an equal opportunity employer.
E-mail: [email protected] Fax: (02) 297-2230
No phone calls, please. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.