Job Title: Senior editor/presenter
Duty Station: Ramallah
Type of Contract: Full-time position
Application Deadline: Saturday, March 5th, 2022
AFKAR Production Company, is a Palestinian media company for production and publishing.
Afkar is establishing a new English/Hebrew radio station “Jerusalem24”, as a part of “East Jerusalem Youth: Agents of Change” action in Palestine, implemented by Afkar in partnership with, DanChurchAid/Norwegian Church Aid, and supported by European Union.
Jerusalem24 aims to give citizens in Jerusalem and marginalized areas a wide range of opportunities to participate in a societal debate about laws and daily regulations based on IHRL and IHL.
We are seeking for a Senior editor/presenter with the following roles and requirements:
- Proofreading and copyediting content to ensure accuracy, readability and consistency in tone, grammar and syntax to make sure English texts live up to international media standards.
- Organize, modify and update existing content.
- Verify content and information.
- Collaborate with co-workers and come up with fresh, creative content ideas, keeping our audience in mind.
- Develop editorial calendar, and be responsible for end-to-end and timely execution as agreed with editorial manager.
- Overseeing the content production process and ensuring it meets our quality standards.
- Mentoring editors and helping them improve the clarity, consistency, and overall quality of content.
- Presenting radio program and news bulletins when needed.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, English or related field.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- 5+ Writing, copy editing, and proofreading experience.
- Familiar with local and Jerusalem issues.
- 2+ in presenting radio program and news.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Proficient in desktop publishing software.
- Experience from international media would be an asset.
How to apply: Interested candidates shall send their CV and cover letter to [email protected], no later than Saturday, 5 March 2022. Please specify the position in the subject of the email.