Job Title: Female News Editor/ Presenter
Duty Station: Ramallah
Type of Contract: Full-time position
Application Deadline: Tuesday, January 25th, 2020
AFKAR Production Company, is a Palestinian media company for production and publishing.
Afkar is establishing a new English/Hebrew radio station “Jerusalem24”, as a part of “East Jerusalem Youth: Agents of Change” action in Palestine, implemented by Afkar in partnership with, DanChurchAid/Norwegian Church Aid, and supported by European Union.
Jerusalem24 aims to give citizens in Jerusalem and marginalized areas a wide range of opportunities to participate in a societal debate about laws and daily regulations based on IHRL and IHL.
We are seeking for Female English News Editor/ Presenter with the following roles and requirements:
Roles and core responsibilities:
- Generating ideas for stories and features and following leads from news agencies, the police, the public, press conferences and other sources.
- pitching ideas to Chief-in-editor.
- Prepare and/or present breaking news, detailed news, live and recorded programs.
- researching, verifying and collating evidence and information to support a story using relevant information sources such as the internet, archives, databases, etc.
- identifying necessary resources and deploying and managing technical crews for location shoots, including sound operators and camera crew.
- preparing and presenting material on air for both pre-recorded and live pieces.
- identifying potential interviewees, briefing them, preparing interview questions and conducting both live and recorded interviews.
- preparing timings for each news item.
- understanding and complying with media law and industry codes of conduct.
- Works with Chief-in-editor and team to create and implement overall content plan and priorities.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as media, political science or international relation.
- previous experience of minimum two years in similar position.
- native English speaker with excellent written and oral communication skills
- an interest in people, news, current affairs and good general knowledge
- confidence in front of a camera and an 'on air' presence.
- the ability to work under pressure, both within teams and individually
- outstanding analytical skills and ability to absorb, extract and present information in a clear and understandable way
- the ability to build rapport and to handle interactions with sensitivity, empathy and diplomacy, while maintaining impartiality.
- excellent interviewing and listening skills
- an eye for a story, with an ability to generate original ideas and the confidence to pitch to senior editors
How to apply: Interested candidates shall send their CV and cover letter to [email protected] , no later than Tuesday, 25 January 2020.