The YWCA of Palestine is one of the oldest women organizations in Palestine. Its origins go back to the year 1893. We are seeking to employ a qualified person to fill the above job.
As a none governmental organization, we envision a free and democratic civil society where women and youth are empowered to exercise and protect their political, economic, and social rights. The YWCA of Palestine has three thematic areas of work: Leadership Development and Civic Engagement, Economic Justice, and Just Peace. We are a rights-based association where our advocacy work and all our programs are based on the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
Details of the Job:
Duty Station: Ramallah
Duration of Contract: Annual contract with the possibility of extension based on satisfactory performance
Closing Date for Applications: July 27th 2021
Starting Date: Sep, 2021
This post reports directly to the General Secretary (Director General) of YWCA Palestine, under the guidance of the Financial Supervisor. The Senior Accountant (SA) will be responsible for processing payments for all projects and administration under the National Office, he is also responsible on issuing periodic expense reports based on approved budgets, preparation of payroll and tax payments, managing bank transfers, monitoring procurement, and ensuring that staff are complying to administrative and financial procedures and policies.
More specifically, the SA will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Regularly receive payment requests from Program and administration staff and review to ensure proper supporting documentation
- Based on approved budget, prepare Payment Vouchers and submit to the Financial supervisor for review and the General Secretary for approval
- Prepare grant payment tracking sheets and update regularly as payments get issued
- Ensure entering all payments on the accounting software (Bisan) and in accordance with items in the Chart of accounts and approved budgets
- Help the Financial supervisor in closing end of year accounts and producing trial balances
- Prepare quarterly financial reports for every grant and submit to the Financial Supervisor for review and the General Secretary for approval.
- Prepare and check inventory every six months and prepare inventory list to be sent to auditors and in preparation of financial audit for the whole association
- Implement and/or ensure implementation of all financial policies and procedures that are endorsed by the Board of Directors, and as instructed by the General Secretary
- Review the petty cash reports of the National office and prepare replenishment payments to be submitted for the Financial Supervisor for approval
- Support administration and program staff in application of financial policies and procedures, including procurement
- Prepare salary payments for all staff and after approval and signature of checks, record at the financial system Bisan
- Prepare tax deduction payments to be paid for the Ministry of Finance on monthly basis.
- Manage all daily transactions for banks: soliciting statements, deposits, transfers, withdrawals, etc.
- Make sure of proper filling system
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for all account and submit to the financial supervisor for review
- Any other related tasks as requested by the General Secretary and the Financial supervisor
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Good knowledge of International Accounting Standards
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience as an accountant, preferably in the NGO sector
- Good knowledge and skills in financial software Bisan
- Good writing skills and computer skills, especially excel, word and other Microsoft Packages.
- Excellent communications skills in English and Arabic
- Able to work within teams and working under pressure
Please attach, with your application, a copy of your CV and a cover letter, and mail it, no later than July 27th 2021 to the following e-mail address: [email protected]