The YWCA is seeking to hire a qualified project manager to take the lead in management and implementation of the Young Women for Awareness, Agency, Advocacy and Accountability (YW4A) Program; leveraged by the Global Fund for Women project. Those projects contribute to realizing SDGs 5 and 16 through combating gender-based violence (GBV) through advocating for adoption of policies and legislations based on equality, nondiscrimination, and the respect for women’s human rights, and challenging the existing patriarchal structures and systems in parallel.
The YW4A’s long-term outcome is to strengthen and diversify young women’s participation and amplify their voices to effectively influence decision-making towards gender-just laws, policies, norms, and practices related to their bodily integrity and equal participation.
The responsibilities and the project manager include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Achieving the projects’ objectives and outputs in compliance with the projects’ log frame
· Planning and designing projects’ detailed implementation plans.
· Present YWCA and attend all meeting with YW4A technical partners, follow up on implementation of outcomes.
· Prepare the required projects’ technical reports as per the respective agreement and the required internal reporting.
· Supervising the preparation and finalization of financial transactions.
· Supervising the project team to ensure timely implementation of activities.
· Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks, donor regulations, and that all documentation is maintained appropriately.
· Ensuring data quality within the two projects and analyzing the data to report on the outcome level.
· Represent YWCA projects in the targeted communities and local and international partners.
· Conduct field visits to the locations of the project and communicates with partners and youth.
· Maintain effective communication with the YWCA’s program support departments; including: M&E, finance, HR, procurement and media.
· Ensure adaptation of a participatory approach in working with the local partners and young women groups.
· Participate in project staff regular meetings, and propose any developmental ideas.
· Any other assignments are required by the supervisor
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
· BA degree in business administration, social sciences, gender studies or any field of relevance, masters’ degree is a plus.
· Proven experience and knowledge in working on gender issues and GBV with Palestinian NGOs.
· At least 7 years of experience in NGOs, working with feminist organizations on GBV issues, with track experience in project management.
· Strong skills in communications, negotiations, and problem solving.
· Ability to work in a team and under pressure.
· Good Knowledge of the civil society’s work, youth field’s values, and community mobilization.
· Excellent skills in using computer and any relevant digital tools
· Excellent writing skills in English and Arabic
Interested candidates should apply by sending their CV and a cover letter no later than 10th September 2022 to the email address [email protected] please identify the name of the post in the email subject. For more information about YWCA of Palestine, you can visit www.ywca.ps
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.