The British Consulate General in Jerusalem is seeking a female candidate for the full time permanent position of Security Officer, Grade – S1.
Purpose of the job:
The applicant will be working as part of an established and capable team to ensure the safety and security of staff and families at the British Consulate General, working during opening hours of the British Consulate General from Monday to Friday. The candidate must have strong communication skills and the ability to give clear, concise advice on a range of security topics, commensurate with their position, as per policy and procedure.
Based on the nature and job responsibilities to be carried out, this role is open to female candidates only.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Working as part of a team during day opening hours. Security checks, including physical searches of personnel, visitors and vehicles. Monitoring of CCTV, Operating UHF radio network, patrolling on foot, as directed by ROSM and Shift Supervisors.
• Assisting on visits and events.
• Dealing with members of the public in a professional and courteous manner.
• Reacting to incidents and issues in a calm, disciplined manner as part of a team, including exercises and learning and development to understand policy and procedures.
Key Competences Required for the Job:
• Leading and Communicating - Effectiveness in this area is about leading from the front and communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. It’s about supporting principles of fairness of opportunity for all and a dedication to a diverse range of citizens.
• Collaborating and Partnering - People skilled in this area create and maintain positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the organisation to help get business done. It requires working collaboratively, sharing information and building supportive, responsive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders, whilst having the confidence to challenge assumptions.
• Managing a Quality Service - Effectiveness in this area is about being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements. People, who are effective plan, organise and manage their time and activities to deliver a high quality and efficient service, applying programme and project management approaches to support service delivery.
• Making Effective Decisions - Effectiveness in this area is about being objective; using sound judgment, evidence and knowledge to provide accurate, expert and professional advice. It means showing clarity of thought, setting priorities, analysing and using evidence to evaluate options before arriving at well-reasoned justifiable decisions.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Proficient communicator in spoken and written English and Arabic.
• Excellent event planning and management skills.
• Previous experience in a police, military or security background or public service employment and willing to undergo specific training (min 3 years) with checkable references.
• Can work as an individual and within a team.
• Knowledge of physical security, policy and procedures.
• Local geographical knowledge within Jerusalem and the West Bank.
• Computer literate especially in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
• Written and Spoken Hebrew is a bonus but not essential.
The position is only available for candidates holding a Jerusalem ID Card.
Interested candidates must attach the following documents when applying online.
1. A covering letter.
2. An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV), of no longer than four pages.
** (Your application must include examples of when you have demonstrated the competencies outlined above in the cover letter or motivation section in the application form. Applications that do not include this information will be rejected).
All applications must be received before 23:55 (Local Time) on 24 July 2018.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Due to the large amount of applications we receive only those shortlisted for assessment/interview will be contacted.
The start date mentioned in the advert is an assumed start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances and reference checks.
The British Consulate General is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. Staffs recruited locally by the British Consulate General are subject to Terms and Conditions of service according to local employment law.