The British Consulate General in Jerusalem is seeking an individual for the part time position of Intern for Communications, Press and Media, Grade – A1 (L).
Duties and responsibilities:
- Closely monitor Palestinian traditional and social media in order to write press reviews.
- Write focused reports on Palestinian reactions in the press and media trends following high-profile events or visits.
- Assist on forward planning Consulate’s communications efforts and develop ideas for the Consulate’s communications efforts by building and maintaining the team’s planning grids.
- Support the production of social media content, and assist in running the Consulate’s social media channels.
- Writing / translating from Arabic to English (or vice versa) press releases, briefings, meeting minutes, op-eds and social media content.
- Take photographs and record videos of events and visits for social media usage.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Arabic language (both written and spoken)
- Organisational, communication and computer skills.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Palestinian media and political landscape.
- The ability to communicate clearly, confidently and persuasively when speaking and writing.
- Good knowledge of social media trends and basic web publishing skills
- Some experience of implementing digital media campaigns.
- Enthusiastic and creative self-starter able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with staff at all levels of the organisation with a professional and courteous attitude.
- Good photography and mobile-videography skills.
- Knowledge in video editing / infographics production is a plus.
Please click here to apply for the vacancy.
The closing date for all applications is 3 August 2019 (23:55 Local Time).
We encourage all eligible candidates to apply for the role.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.