In the framework of InnovAgroWoMed project, the Palestinian business women’s association – Asala looking to hire researcher to work on the “InnovAgroWoMed” project, aimed at fostering social innovation in the agri-food sector for women’s empowerment in the Mediterranean area.
Researchers will coordinate with their local teams and with project managers to carry out field research in their country’s agri-food sector, with the objective of cooperating to the elaboration of the curriculum for training activities. To do so, they will interview potential beneficiaries of the training model and agri-food business owners in order to match supply and demand of labor, and to ensure that the proposed curriculum is appropriate to boost beneficiaries’ skills and employability.
Deadline for submitting offers: 17th of July 2020.
Contracting Authority : Asala is a Palestinian non-governmental organization that empowers women who have limited resources to realize their economic and social rights by using a holistic approach to development in accordance with their needs. Asala envisions an entrepreneurial Palestinian woman who is capable and influential in a democratic society that adheres to social justice. Until 2014, Asala provided loans, totalling more than USD 35 million, and non-financial services to female micro-entrepreneurs. Following a change in legislation, Asala has established itself as two separate institutions since then, whereby “Asala for Credit and Development” (company) delivers financial services and “The Palestinian Businesswomen’s Association – Asala” (NGO) continues to provide comprehensive and needs-based services to marginalized women in the areas of Capacity Building, Access to Markets, and Advocacy and Lobbying.
- Carry out desk research on the most relevant products and sectors in the local agri-food system
- Analyse social innovation best practices in the local agri-food system
- Analyse local needs in terms of training activities
- Identify the most requested job profiles in the local agri-food system
- Analyse collected data and report to local team and to project managers
- Contribute to designing the curriculum for the training model
- Monitor the implementation of the training model
- Map relevant stakeholders in the local agri-food system
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Master of Science Degree in Economics, Management, Sociology, Anthropology, Statistics or similar fields
- 3 years’ experience in research
- Good knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies, especially for what concerns sampling, surveys and interviews
- Good knowledge of the agri-food sector
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Fluent English
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Interested researchers should send their CVs and a cover letter to [email protected] no longer than June 17, 2020 (3:00 PM)
About the InnovAgroWoMed project:
The InnovAgroWoMed project aims at boosting women labor participation and entrepreneurship, especially for those in the NEET segment, by leveraging on the potential of the agri-food sector – an industry closely resonating with the cultural identity of the Mediterranean Basin, and showing a significant level of untapped potential in terms of innovation and growth in the Mediterranean.
InnovAgroWoMed project has been funded by EU through the ENI CBC Program Mediterranean Sea Basin (2014-2020), under thematic objective A.3 - Promotion of social inclusion and fight against poverty (Promote economic and social development) and priority A.3.1 - Provide young people, especially those belonging to the NEETS and women, with marketable skills. It’s a 3-year project, implemented in Italy, Spain, Tunisia and Palestine by a consortium of 5 partners: UTV (beneficiary), CESIE, JOVE, ASALA and CAWTAR (partners).