Palestinian Businesswomen’s Association ASALA is a Palestinian non-governmental organization working on socio-economic development of Palestinian women who have limited access to resources and empowers them to realize their economic and social rights by using a holistic approach to development in accordance with their needs.
ASALA is seeking a highly qualified candidate to join its team for the position of:
This position is based in Ramallah with regular field work in all Palestinian areas.
The Communication Officer reports directly to ASALA program manager.
- Create, implement, and monitor a media and communications plan that is suitable to Asala’s needs; report on measurable indicators, setbacks and achievements.
- Create, design, produce and publish all media, public awareness materials and marketing mechanisms including (but not limited to): quarterly newsletter, newspaper advertisements/articles/ statements, radio and TV spots, promotional activities report, annual reports and brochures, flyers and other marketing materials
- Create social Media content such as videos , photos, infographic
- Create, implement and monitor a branding and positioning plan to strengthen Asala’s visibility and promote its institutional
- Plan, prepare, monitor and follow up on Asala’s public events (including: Bazars, exhibitions, campaigns related to Access to Market Activities) and public relations.
- Continuously update Asala’s website, Facebook, and Twitter pages; identify and develop alternative means of public outreach for beneficiaries, partners, and donors
- Establish and maintain strong relationship with all of Asala’s stakeholders: beneficiaries, donors, partners and media.
- Field work to document and report on success stories on Asala’s women beneficiaries all over the West Bank villages, camps and cities as required.
- Develop and manage Asala’s publications and promotion materials
- Collecting information from various departments, preparing content for all printing’s materials (including annual reports, brochures, flyers… etc.)
- Promote Asala’s mission and work through publishing news and events on Asala’s official pages and other media channels.
- Responsible of Asala’s photography and video’s
- Contribute to updating and developing Asala’s related stakeholder’s database.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- BA degree in International Relations, Journalism, Media and Communication, Public Relations or a relevant field of specialization.
- At least 2 years’ experience in the field of communication, advocacy, media, international relations
- At least 2 years’ experience working at NGOs
- Excellent knowledge of women empowerment issues, women’s rights, advocacy and lobbying
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, active team player, ability to work in the field and with different groups of people
- Excellent skills both in Arabic and English
To apply for the position, please send your CV and a cover letter expressing why you are qualified for this position no later than Thursday April 30th, 2020 to the following email: