Rehabilitation Technical Officer - Level 1 - Gaza
Handicap International (which runs projects under its operating name, Humanity & Inclusion - HI -), is an independent and impartial international aid organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights. Handicap International is a not-for-profit organisation with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations.
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Rehabilitation Taskforce Coordinator & Project Manager and in close collaboration with the Regional Technical Unit (RTU), the Rehabilitation Technical officer (Level 1) accompany project’s staff, partners and relevant actors and stakeholders in the implementation of the project and contributes to the project’s MEAL.
He/she is responsible to support project/s teams (HI and partners) of the mission in his/her field of expertise, along all phases of the project cycle management, but with focus on projects’ implementation and monitoring. He/she will support the development of the staff technical competencies, as well as the mobilization the external local technical resources when necessary, to ensure the quality of their intervention with projects stakeholders.
Responsibility 1: Development of tools for the project implementation and and Contribute to quality control in the field of expertise through technical guidance and support to partners
- Participate to the selection and contextualization of the modalities of intervention in compliance with HI technical framework.
- Contribute to the development and/or adaptation of methodologies and high complexity technical tools, including full training packages (training needs assessment tools, training manuals and materials, pre-post training tests), users guidelines, etc.;
- Develop or adapt technical assessment tools to measure the outcome of intervention
- Organize and/or participate to the tools testing whenever appropriate and adjust them according to the results of the test
- Provide ad-hoc support to the team during tools use including field coaching.
- Contribute to assessing HI project team and/or project partner capacity building needs, to define suitable training plan and training package
- Train project’s partners and relevant actors and stakeholders on the methodologies and toolsDefine global training plan and training package to project partners in the field of expertise including needs assessment tools, capacity building plan and related materials, pre-post tests, trainers’ manual…
- Produce training and coaching reports and coordinate feedbacks with the service providers for srenghtening continuous staff development
- Contribute to designing capacity building exit strategy with partners to enhance their ownership to rehabilitation intervention.
Responsibility 2: Support the implementation of project activities
- Ensure the supervision of the Partner’s rehabilitation staff through field visits, case management meetings, and files follow up in order to supervise the quality of the rehabilitation services delivered.
- participate in the coordination groups’ mechanisms with disability and rehabilitation stakeholders in Gaza
- Conduct trainings and orientation workshops to external stakeholders on HI approaches in rehabilitation, disability and inclusion.
- Liaise with external trainers and/or consultants to deliver trainings and other project services/ needs.
- Check the quality of purchased and donated materials such like: assistive devices, intervention materials and wound dressing disposables…etc to be delivered for rehabilitation beneficiaries.
- Ensure appropriate provision and follow-up of quality Assistive devices in line with HI guideline of AD service provision.
- Ensure the proper referral of users to other stakeholders to respond to their holistic individual needs.
- Provide support to the referral network to ensure proper identification of the rehabilitation needs and timely response to these needs.
Responsibility 3: Contribute to project’s monitoring, lessons learning and reporting
- Contribute to the development of data collection tools for documenting indicators, collect data in relation with core tasks and contribute to the measurement of the progress made, under the lead of RTU and MEAL ;
- Support the Project Manager and MEAL team in analysing the data collected and in identifying necessary adjustments in the project implementation framework to improve the quality and impact of the intervention
- Contribute to the identification and documentation of good practices under the project
- Develop case studies and success stories to illustrate changes induced by the project and for communication use
- Contribute to planning and produce activity reports
- Contribute to the production of the donor report,
- Contribute to the preparation and implementation of project quarterly review
- Participate to the organization of project technical reviews and technical missions
- Participate to professional network at national level in the field of expertise of the project
- Contribute to the development of lessons learning exercise, data collection and analysis and the production of dissemination document
- Facilitate the field implementation of project’s evaluations and of researches
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Bachlor Degree in Rehabilitation Science (Occupational Therapy or Physiotherapy)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience the field of expertise, in emergency or/ and development context
- Skills in developing training and providing coaching for capacity building
- Ability to deveop assessment tools
- Ability to develop information material
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work with partners, civil society organizations or public authorities
- Skills in users centered approach
- Knowledge of referrals mechanisms
- Ability to respect deadline and work under pressure
- Very positive personality, with strong orientation towards solutions
- Adaptability, flexibility
- Autonomy in work
- Excellent communication skills Proactive, solution maker, strongly positive, constructive and dynamic personality
HI workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in HI Code of conduct. In accordance with these values, HI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption.
Contract will be for a period of 5 months only
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and Particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
Interested candidates should send their resume with motivation letter to reach on or before August 11, 2022 to [email protected] indicating your full name and the job title (Rehabilitation Technical Officer) in the subject line of your e-mail applacation. Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will be disregarded.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and those shortlisted will be contacted.