(This is a re-advertisement. Candidates who have applied for the post published in July 2018 do not need to re-apply.)
Handicap International (which runs projects under its operating name, Humanity & Inclusion),is an independent and impartial international aid organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights. Handicap International is a not-for-profit organisation with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations.
Handicap International (which runs projects under its operating name, Humanity & Inclusion), is implementing a project entiteld “Addressing urgent injury care and multi-disciplinary rehabilitation needs of the casualties of border clashes (“March of Return”) in the Gaza strip” and looking for a qualified expertise to fillfull the position of the rehabilitation Technical Assistant.
Working under the overall direct supervision and responsibility of the Project Manager, the rehabilitation Technical Assistant will provide key support to the Project in the roll-out and implementation Rehabilitation activities. She/he will works with partners, beneficiaries and stakeholders to ensure project outputs are of the highest quality and that expected results are achieved in a timely and efficient manner of the project “Addressing urgent injury care and multi-disciplinary rehabilitation needs of the casualties of border clashes (“March of Return”) in the Gaza strip”.
Responsibility 1: Project Activities Implementation
Aim: Ensure the implementation of project activities within partners’ organizations following the required technical standards in line with the HI’s frameworks. Rehabilitation Technical Assistant must respect beneficiaries’ privacy and keep all of their data in a confidentiality way.
- Support local partners in the five governorates in the management of project activities to ensure that all actions envisaged are taken in an organized and systematic manner.
- Conduct daily field visits for partner’s organizations to ensure that partner teams are receiving the required adequate technical support
- Support the identification of project target beneficiaries and their families upon the agreed admission and exclusion criteria, assess their needs, and follow the appropriate referral.
- Identify training needs for partners’ rehabilitative teams, and participate in delivering the requested sessions/workshops as per the identified technical needs.
- Support project technical officer TO in developing training materials and organize the training under the supervision of Regional Technical Unit RTU Rehabilitation Coordinator.
- With support of technical officer, train partner’s teams on the assessment forms, provision of service and referral of people with injuries PwIs.
- With support of technical officer, supervise the coordination of all referrals of beneficiaries toward relevant services as per their identified needs and in collaboration with the referral coordinators social workers SWs within partners’ organizations.
- Support partners’ occupational therapists in collecting the identified needs of assistive devices and partners’ nurses in the medical supplies from the field, compile the needs and coordinate with technical officer and project manager PM to ensure timely purchase, delivery and distribution of the needs for PwIs.
Responsibility 2: Internal and External Coordination
Aim: Ensure project activities are coordinated well with other actors and maintain a positive image of Humanity & Inclusion and the partners’ organizations at all times and in all circumstances.
- Support partners’ social workers in referral coordination with local service providers in the five governorates (mapping and sharing information about available services with other local actors, coordination visits and referral follow up and reporting).
- Provide support to project steering committee, ensure materials prepared by project team, write meeting minutes.
- Represent the project in coordination, cluster…etc meetings as delegated by TO or/and PM.
- Enhance and respect to partnership approach and contribute to building constructive partnerships with HI through the project.
- Provide support to the project team and/or consultants in organizing training and other related activities.
- Maintain a high quality professional and interpersonal attitude with internal and external stakeholders and colleagues.
Responsibility 3: Monitoring and Evaluation
Aim: Ensure project technical tools are developed and support needs are captured and followed.
- Ensure technical developed project tools are reviewed and validated by TO and contribute to measuring and reporting the certain planned qualitative and quantitative indicators of the project.
- Assist in compiling M&E field tools and support it’s analyse and report to TO on timely basis as planned.
- Closely follow up project implementation with partners and project team, and advises partners towards improve quality practices of the project related aspects.
- Identify quality standards/gaps for the project implementation and support to partners.
- Follow-up and supervise the good use of the monitoring tools (reports, forms…etc) by the partners.
- Assist in analysing partners’ monthly reports and make relevant propositions for project activities.
- Assist in project evaluation and lessons learnt activities.
Ensure project’s services are provided in professional and ethical manner.
Responsibility 4: Reporting
Aim: Ensure that reports are delivered on timely with a good quialty as requested.
- Support partners’ teams in completing all documentations required in a correct way (assessment forms, referral forms, daily follow up sheets and registers and database, etc.)
- Report the regular field visits conducted to partners’ teams, highlighting any challenges faced and technical support needs, share it with TO.
- Maintain accurate records of activities and assessments conducted by partner’s teams.
- Develop project success stories.
Report to TO on monitoring tools’ results as per the monitoring and reporting system plan.
Bachelor Degree n the field of disability or rehabilitation (Physiotherapy or Occupational Therapy)
At least 3 years professional experience working in the disability field, of which 2 years at least working with an International Organization
Applicants must have demonstrated mastering practical experience in providing and implementing technical aspects of rehabilitation
Confident to relate to and communicate with individuals and groups
Excellent communication skills
Good organizational skills and ability to prioritise workload
Capacity to deliver reports in a very tight deadlines as requested
Excellent networking and coordination skills
Excellent report writing skills in English and Arabic
Initial contract will be for a period of seven months and the position is based in Gaza City
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and
Particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
Interested candidates may please send their resume with cover letter to reach on or before the : 25th August 2018 to: [email protected] indicating your full name and the job title (Rehabilitation Technical Assistant) in the subject line in your e-mail application.
Only qualified candidates should apply and only those who have been short listed will be contacted