Position : Rehabilitation Task Force Coordinator and Project Manager
Salary range: 7645 – 8600 ILS
Location: Based in Gaza
Responsible to: Gaza Area Manager and the Regional Rehabilitation Technical Specialist
Closing date: 9 February, 2022
Handicap International (which runs projects under its operating name, Humanity & Inclusion - HI -), is an independent and impartial international aid organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights. Handicap International is a not-for-profit organisation with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations.
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Under the line management of the Gaza Area Manager and the functional link of the Regional Technical Unit (based in Amman). 50% of efforts will be dedicated to support the Rehabilitation Task Force (RTF), in close coordination and collaboration with Gaza Trauma Working Group and Gaza Health and Nutrition Cluster lead (WHO). While, the other 50% of the efforts will be allocated as Project Manager. The Project Manager contributes to the implementation of the mandate and the 10-year strategy of Humanity & Inclusion in Palestine. He/she ensures optimal quality and impact of the projects implemented in Palestine in the Rehabilitation Sector by means of a delegation system with appropriate control mechanisms. With all HI managers, and through paradigm changes, he/she shares responsibility for the sound management and effective functioning of the global organisation..
Responsibility 1: Coordination & Representation of the Rehabilitation Task Force
- Lead the Rehabilitation Task Force (RTF), in close link with the existing WHO/HC coordination mechanism, with regular review of its TOR and facilitate its members to reach the Task Force objectives (e.g. minimize duplication of services, improve referral systems, etc).
- Coordinate with relevant Governmental bodies and non-humanitarian actors in Gaza, Sector/Cluster coordinators and other stakeholders in Gaza,
- Represent RTF at the Trauma Working Group and Health Cluster and other related forums
- Encourage coordination, complementarity and coherence of the RTF member’s program’s health intervention to respond to the physical rehabilitation needs of the affected population with respect to minimum rehabilitation standards, in accordance to the RTF ToR.
- Update the RTF ToR ensuring that RTF ToR includes the creation of longer-term rehabilitation plans (member and platform specific) incorporating specific risk reduction measures,
- Facilitate the mapping of rehabilitation services though communication with stakeholders and other existing coordination mechanisms, including international NGOs, civil society and government institutions. Support the LRN.
- Collect data and documents and disseminate common plans of actions and other information related to the rehabilitation in the monthly / quarterly sit-reps and/or regular Health Bulletins and other information products,
- Participate actively to surveys initiated by the Health Cluster: design, data collection tools as well as providing analysis and recommendations as relevant.
Responsibility 2: Capacity building within the Rehabilitation Task Force
- Support rehabilitation task force members to develop action plans respecting the minimum standards of early rehabilitation in conflicts and disasters.
- Promote standards and good practices and adherence to them by interested rehabilitation partners,
- In coordination with other stakeholders, co-ordinate and where appropriate arrange/conduct direct training in physical rehabilitation for key national and local stakeholders,
- Support in ongoing assessments of needs, gaps and resources regarding the health sector in the country, in particular in the field of physical and functional rehabilitation if any,
- In close collaboration with other TF coordinators under the Trauma Working Group, ensure the implementation of the integrated approach to rehabilitation of persons with disabilities and injuries.
Responsibility 3: Management
- Manager as a role model: embody HI's values on a daily basis, and be a role model.
- Manager as a coach for meaning: understand the strategy, make it explicit, translate it into operational objectives for his or her team, lead the necessary changes. Give meaning to each management action. Encourage inter and intra departmental exchanges of practice. Encourage innovation and risk-taking.
- Operational manager: organise the operational management of his or her team, structure the work around identified processes, steer performance and facilitate the resolution of problems.
- First HR & Coach: contribute to the development of his or her staff, creating the conditions for their commitment, professionalism and attachment to HI. Ensure compliance with the code of conduct and institutional policies, the mindset and expected individual and collective behaviour.
Responsibility 4: Operational implementation
Ensure the implementation of the project, in line with the logical framework and allocated budget
- Steer the project’s intervention strategy and put forward adjustments if the objectives change or if it is likely that they will not be met.
- Ensure that activities and the associated resources are planned, and implement the action plan.
- Ensure that activities are implemented in line with the project proposal and the allocated budget.
- Ensure project reporting, internally (within the programme) and externally (reporting to funding bodies, authorities and/or partners).
- Undertake expenditure and manage the project activity-specific budget lines according to the delegation he/she received based on the programme signature delegation table
- Prepare and manage partnerships with the project implementation partners.
- Guarantee the proper archiving of information.
Ensure that project implementation complies with the existing frameworks
- Ensure the proper implementation and follow-up of institutional policies (specifically PME, PSEAH and Age-Gender-Disability policies) and the other HI internal standards.
- Ensure compliance with the terms of the project proposal and the rules applied by the project funding body/bodies.
- Ensure compliance with global technical standards and norms by communicating and by involving the technical specialists and advisors with expertise in the project themes.
Ensure project monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning
- Ensure project monitoring, specifically activity progress indicators and the expected outcomes.
- Develop and implement the project evaluation plan.
- Ensure that the project is accountable to the local stakeholders.
- Ensure project learning, taking into account lessons learned from similar previous projects, following the recommendations made throughout the project (from evaluations, support missions, audits, etc.), and capitalising on the acquired knowledge.
Ensure project data management
- Ensure that the appropriate data collection and management tools are in place on the project, in line with global standards.
- Ensure that data related to the project is collected and compiled in the project database.
- Carry out regular checks and makes any necessary corrections to the activity database.
Coordinate the teams involved in the project
- Facilitate coordination meetings between his/her direct team and the support services located in the area when necessary.
- Ensure that his/her team and the support teams (shared and technical services, in particular) work well together in order to facilitate the implementation of the project in the country.
- Facilitate the project steering committee.
Contribute to external project communication
- Contribute to HI’s external influence by taking part in networks, when required.
- Communicate about the project to partners, authorities and stakeholders when relevant.
Responsibility 5: Strategy and steering. Contribute to the development of the programme’s operational strategy
- Contribute to programme or country operational strategy (StratOp).
- Draft new project proposals for the continuity or expansion of the project.
- Contribute to the drafting of new proposal for new opportunities, if necessary.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- University degree, preferably Master degree in public health and relevant rehabilitation professional is mandatory
- Minimum of 6 years proven experience working on physical rehabilitation in humanitarian environments, including provision of technical advice to field teams
- Experience designing and delivering training and implementing capacity building plans
- Minimum of 3 years practical experience in managing project
- Minimum of 3 years practical experience in managing staff
- Solid work experience in coordinating health / rehabilitation sector
- Excellent understanding of health issues in emergency situations and detailed knowledge of humanitarian principles, guidelines and laws and the cluster system
- Strong internal and external coordination and representation skills (strong abilities to work with a variety of partners)
- Fluency in oral and written English with experience in report writing is compulsory, Arabic would be highly asset
- Strong computer skills (use of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and other relevant software)
- Knowledge of the different schools of though and explanatory model of disability
HI workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in HI Code of conduct. In accordance with these values, HI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption.
Initial contract will be for a period of 6 months with the possibility of extension upon availability of funds
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and
Particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
المسمى الوظيفي Rehabilitation Task Force Coordinator and Project Manager
آخر موعد للتقديم 09 - Feb - 2022
المكان قطاع غزة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني إدارة
الراتب 7645 – 8600 ILS
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 6 Years
التصنيف الإدارة والأعمال
Interested candidates should send their resume with motivation letter to reach on or before February 9, 2022 to [email protected] indicating your full name and the job title (Rehabilitation Task Force Coordinator and Project Manager) in the subject line of your e-mail applacation. Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will be disregarded.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and those shortlisted will be contacted.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة Humanity & Inclusion Palestine
Education Technical Officer
رام الله والبيرة
رام الله والبيرة
RTFC & Project Manager
Daily Data Collection Workers
Inclusive Education Project Manager
رام الله والبيرة
22, Dec, 2021
13, Sep, 2021
30, Aug, 2021
Architect Engineer – Service Provider
رام الله والبيرة
16, Jul, 2021