Regional Programme Manager for Diakonia MENA Region. Fixed term 24-month contract at 100% with the possibility of extension based on budget availability and performance.
We are looking for a passionate programme/s leader to support MENA regional programmes focus on Gender Justice and can represent Diakonia in MENA (Lebanon, Egypt, and Palestinian territories).
Who We Are
Diakonia is a Swedish international development organization with the overall goal to change unfair political, economic, social and cultural structures that generate poverty, inequality, oppression and violence. Diakonia works with the most vulnerable people, local partners and other strategic actors for the fulfilment of the right of all people to live a life in dignity - irrespective of age, class, disability, ethnicity, gender, nationality, political conviction, religion, or sexual orientation and identity.
Overall purpose of the role
The Regional Programme Manager is the leader of one of Diakonia’s regional programmes focused on Gender Justice, and is accountable for its execution, coordination, reporting, and representation in MENA (Lebanon, Egypt and Palestinian Territories).
We are looking for an ambitious person, with a can-do attitude, expertise and experience in Gender Justice Program design, management, advocacy and implementation. Moreover, the successful candidate shall have experience in working with local partners, supporting them and building their capacities while exchanging learning throughout the program execution.
We are looking for a pro-active leader who takes initiative and resolves challenges with flair. Somebody who enjoys working in a multicultural team and knows what it takes to work in a decentral organisation
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience, including significant experience in Gender Justice programming in the Middle East.
- Deep understanding of, and experience of working based on, feminist principles
- Advanced academic degree in relevant discipline.
- Experience with medium-large multi-donor, multi-country, multi-year programmes.
- A people centric attitude and experience in working with teams with members of diverse backgrounds.
- Experience working in the Middle East
- Proven experience with programme development, donor relations and acquisition
- Full professional proficiency in English. One or more of the languages spoken in the region is a strong advantage, especially Arabic.
- Based in one of the MENA region countries and access to the respective programme counties is a requirement.
Conditions and application
Location: MENA region, countries can be discussed.
Duration: Full-time position (37.5 hours per week), 24-months fixed-term contract with the possibility of extension based on budget availability and performance.
Start Date: ASAP
Please submit your CV and cover letter not later than September 27, 2023.
Diakonia reserves the right to proceed with the recruitment process before the deadline, as Diakonia will start screening and the interview processes on a rolling basis. The position might be filled before the deadline.
For questions only regarding the position or the recruitment process, please contact Mohamed Elziadi at [email protected]
Please, DO NOT use the mentioned email to submit your CV.
Kindly, be noted that we are only considering and accepting applications via the link on impactpool.org
Any applications using other recruitment channels will not be considered.
Diakonia has zero tolerance for safeguarding breaches.