Diakonia is a Swedish civil society development organization working with a long-term and rights-based perspective to advance democracy, human rights, social and economic justice, gender equality, and peace in developing countries. Our mission is to change unfair political, economic and social structures, which generate poverty, oppression and violence.
We are looking for a candidate who can fill in the position of a Programme Officer with the Civil Society Development Programme. This position will offer you an interesting and exciting professional development. The responsibilities are cross-cutting, relating to programme, finance and administration. If you like to work within a team, interact on a daily basis with colleagues and partners, conduct field visits and enjoy programme development work, then this is the right job for you.
- Support in the development and implementation of the operations of the programme on basis of established guidelines, policy, strategy planning, budget, other steering documents and reports.
- Assess partner proposals in line with Diakonia Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation guidelines (PME guidelines).
- Prepare decision notes and partners’ contracts and carry out subsequent communication.
- Quality assure project handling and documentation in line with Diakonia PME guidelines.
- Monitor programme budgets, follow up and prepare payments to partners and projects.
- Provide guidance and support to partners in financial related requirements for planning, reporting and audits and identify financial training needs.
- Participate in meetings and conduct field visits to monitor partners’ progress.
- Assist in programmatic development in starting new programmes and projects.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for the programme which includes: drafting reports, minutes, and press releases, in addition to making necessary translations, archiving and filing of programme documentation and taking care of all logistical arrangements related to the various activities of the programme.
- Perform any other duties requested by the Programme Manager.
- BA in business administration, social sciences, development or any other related area.
- Minimum three years of relevant work experience.
- Proven ability to read and understand financial reports and budgets.
- Proven writing skills in English and Arabic and fluency in both languages.
- Ability to work in a structured way and to meet deadlines.
- Good communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Flexibility and ability to work in a team.
- Good computer skills.
- Prior experience in using computerized project management system is preferred.
- Driving license is an asset.
Cover letter and curriculum vitae including contact information for references should be submitted no later than 18 October 2018 by e-mail to [email protected]
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Diakonia is an equal employment opportunity organization.