Diakonia is a Swedish civil society development organization working with a long-term and rights-based perspective to advance democracy, human rights, social and economic justice, gender equality, and peace in developing countries. Our mission is to change unfair political, economic and social structures, which generate poverty, oppression and violence.
Note: Temporary employment (Maternity Cover for 8 months)
We are looking for an experienced and committed candidate who can fill in the Finance Officer position available at our country office which is based in Jerusalem. You will be responsible for handling the day to day finance related activities and ensuring that the accounts are always up to date and reconciled. Besides that, you will take part in the financial management at the program level.
:Main duties and responsibilities
- At the Country office level for instance, you will be responsible:
- To lead and participate in the monthly accounting close ensuring timeliness, accuracy, completeness and compliance with business policies.
- To ensure invoices are according to the legal requirements, approved properly and supported by required documentation such as agreements, freelance agreement and requisitions, before are recorded in the books.
- To assist in the preparation of the monthly financial reports, annual reports, audited accounts and budgets.
- For the procurement and contractual matters with the support of the Administrative Assistant.
- To keep up to date records of the Office’s inventory and fixed assets.
- For filing and archiving of financial documents.
- To support project staff on all financial reporting requirements to different donors.
- To undertake other responsibilities at the request of Country Director and Deputy Regional Director.
:At Program level for instance; you will be responsible
- For program accounts including bookkeeping and monthly reconciliations.
- To ensure budgeting, financial planning and reporting in coordination with the Programme Manager and Diakonia financial system.
- To prepare program(s) mid-term and annual financial reports and ensure compliance with back donors' as well as Diakonia's requirements/guidelines.
- To review, assess partners’ mid-term and annual financial and audit reports and carry out necessary follow-ups.
- To release partner payments as stipulated in partners agreements.
- For program financial tracking and management which includes monitoring and reporting on financial results.
- To lead and undertake the program audit process and carry-out necessary follow-ups.
- To support the Regional office with financial internal review.
- To support the Regional office with capacity building programme for partners.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University degree in Business Administration, Economics and/or Accounting and Finance or any other related field.
- Minimum 3 years related work experience with International Non-Governmental Organizations and/or Donor organizations.
- Prior experience in program financial reviews, i.e. budget reviews, financial report reviews and audit report reviews is required.
- Ability to produce and analyze financial reports, work in a structured way and to meet deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Good command of English/Arabic and fluency in both languages.
- Good interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with sensitivity and confidentiality
- Driving License is an asset.
Cover letter and curriculum vitae including contact information for references should be submitted no later than February 23rd, 2020 by e-mail to [email protected]
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Diakonia is an equal employment opportunity organization.