Handicap International (which runs projects under its operating name, Humanity & Inclusion - HI -), is an independent and impartial international aid organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights. Handicap International is a not-for-profit organisation with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations.
HI’s Middle East Regional Programme (MEREP) coordinates missions in 4 different countries (Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon and Palestine). The programme is covering the full mandate of HI – emergency, mine action and development with a strong focus on continuum and resilience. The program has a total volume expected for 2022 of 11M Euros with 200 staff and 60 volunteers.
There are 5 main sectors of intervention: health, education, BaNEREI (basic needs, economic recovery and economic inclusion), and armed violence reduction. Most of the projects are implemented through local partners and local service providers.
The MEREP program currently implements diverse BaNEREI projects interventions, in Jordan, Egypt and Palestine-Gaza and is seeking to re-start interventions in Palestine-West Bank and to start interventions in Lebanon. The focus of future interventions will be on economic inclusion of person with disabilities.
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
The position will support the BaNEREI (basic needs, economic recovery and economic inclusion) sector of intervention in the 4 MEREP countries, with a focus on developing the portfolio of projects that aim at supporting the economic inclusion of persons with disabilities and/or providing technical assistance to stakeholders on disability inclusive employment. The position may also require the technical coordination of multi-country projects in MEREP.
Mission 1: STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT
- Contribute to the Economic Inclusion pillar of overall strategic planning for HI's Programme
- Lead the definition of the Economic Inclusion technical strategy for HI's Programme and support its implementation by the operational teams;
Mission 2: TECHNICAL SUPPORT
- Ensure technical support to projects in line with the global technical frameworks and standards on Economic Inclusion
- Ensure technical learning from projects
- Ensure the control & monitoring of the technical quality and the relevance of HI's activities in the programmes under Economic Inclusion activities
Mission 3: RESEARCH AND ANALYSIS
- Conduct regular analysis of project data and external secondary data on economic needs and interventions in close collaboration with the Chief of Operations, Information Manager and the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Manager;
- Contribute to the development of research and innovation projects at the country and region level, when relevant to Economic Inclusion
Mission 4: COORDINATION AND REPRESENTATION
- Liaise with Livelihood actors and other line ministries and participate in different forums to advocate for policy changes
- Represent HI in relevant coordination meetings with Livelihood actors (INGOs, national NGOs and humanitarian coordination);
- Support the Country Managers and the Project Managers in representation with Economic Inclusion sector donors/actors when needed;
Mission 5: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Actively contribute to the technicalities of development of projects in the Economic Inclusion sector
- Ensure the development of major opportunities or new projects in the region under his sectorial scope
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE POSITION:
Despite the different conflicts affecting the Middle East region, the security in Jordan is fairly good. The position is based in HI’s shared office in Amman (hosting Jordan’s operations team, the Middle East Programme Regional Office, and the Syria Programme coordination team).
Travel conditions and living conditions during visits to Lebanon, Palestine and Egypt are comfortable. Security conditions are very stable in HI’s areas of operations in Egypt. Security is relatively unstable in Lebanon, due to a spiralling socio-economic crisis and rising criminality, and in Palestine, due to sporadic armed confrontations in Gaza and violent demonstrations and clashes in Jerusalem and the West Bank.
HI workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in HI Code of conduct. In accordance with these values, HI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and
Particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Interested candidates should send their resume with motivation letter to reach on or before December 12, 2022 to [email protected] indicating your full name and the job title (Regional Economic Inclusion Specialist) in the subject line of your e-mail application. Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will be disregarded.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and those shortlisted will be contacted